Engineering Team Lead
Our Clients is the Emmy award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry, now seek an experienced Senior level Engineering Team Lead, with experience of back-end and front-end Web development in a Cloud environment. If this sounds like you then apply now.
You’ll have experience of working on diverse projects using web and hybrid applications, and all manner of web development technologies and development tools. You understand RESTful APIs, using them and creating them. You’ll be able to architect a Cloud-based environment’s autoscaling and at-edge compute features. As a Leader you’ll have experience of looking after a small team of developers to deliver a project. You’ll likely have been a Senior Software Engineer or similar.
Overview of Engineering Team Lead opportunity
* This role reports to the Operations Director, and you will join a small team of Engineering Team Leads.
* The position requires individuals with strong commercial development experience in web development, familiarity with distributed systems, keen mathematical skills, and enthusiasm for technical challenges.
* The successful Engineering Team Lead will be expected to develop their skills in multiple, challenging technical areas to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation. Each member of the team is expected to work across several disciplines, including architecture, web-development software engineering, and continuous integration/delivery.
* As a Team Lead, you’ll also have the responsibilities to look after your direct reports, and you’ll be expected to help them with their career and personal development.
Key daily tasks involve
* Working as part of a team on a large-scale application that supports services in use by major global media companies.
* Being responsible for the full development lifecycle, from design and prototype through development, testing, and deployment.
* Delivering to rapid timescales in a dynamic environment.
* Demonstrating leadership: looking after the needs of your team, helping with career and personal development.
* Reporting progress of your team and helping to plan cross-team collaboration.
* Working effectively your colleagues to estimate and deliver issues, working within teams that use Agile/Scrum methodologies.
* Demonstrating drive and enthusiasm, innovating, working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard.
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Strong commercial software development experience, including object-oriented concepts.
* Experience architecting and delivering solutions in Cloud Based environments. (esp. AWS)
* Experience of being a team manager/leader – Ideally 5-10
* Excellent mathematical and communication skills.
* Experience with automated testing best practices, and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
* Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git.
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
Benefits – Engineering Team Lead
* Benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday, and life insurance
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.