The standards and specifications that underpin Visa’s Processing, Core and Digital products define the foundations on which all of our services are built. The purpose of this role is to become the de facto subject matter expert managing input to key global specifications and industry standards and influencing global specifications for a specific area, product or channel
Acts as subject matter expert for specific products and/or channels and leads the development of future product or channel specifications; anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends product or channel improvements; solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business; contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategy.
The role requires close collaboration with stakeholders across Visa, and externally to ensure that the strategic, business and technical requirements are met, and that efficient and practical solutions are developed.
* Recognised as a subject matter expert for specific products, channels or aspects of payments technology, both internally and on a cross-industry basis
* Liaise with key stakeholders across Visa Europe to gather and prioritise the business requirements for specifications and standards
* Represents Visa Europe at key industry standards bodies, industry forums and with Visa Inc, guiding and influencing their work to ensure the resulting industry standards and global specifications meet Visa Europe’s business needs. Clearly communicates complex ideas, anticipating potential objections and persuading others, often external to Visa Europe and at senior levels to adopt different points of view and approaches
* Responsible for championing and supporting the activities of key industry bodies that will benefit our business and identifying and countering activity that could negatively impact or constrain our business. Anticipating and responding to internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; Solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
* Bring the SME knowledge back into the Visa Europe organisation and educate/supports the areas of the business impacted by or looking to make use of the resulting specifications and standards
* Provides member and vendor support resolving specification and implementation related questions and issues
* Provides hands on troubleshooting and analysis of technical product issues relating to industry specifications and standards
May lead project teams to support the development of new products
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.