We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Infrastructure Engineer with experience working in hybrid-cloud environments (AWS) as well as on-premise data centres, Practical experience with containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes), experience with configuration management (Puppet, Ansible) and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform).
Working on the TechOps team you will be delivering tooling & infrastructure that not only has a direct impact on day to day operations but also helps contribute to the future evolution of Infrastructure & Engineering.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for the architecture, deployment, and secure operation of our production environments & services, including our on-prem data centres where we manage thousands of physical and virtual machines, multiple cloud vendors where we have both directly managed environments as well as tenant environments, and our global network which spans over 26 countries.
* Build Stability: Strengthen the production environments, implement best practices, and when appropriate drive change across existing workflows.
* Empower end users: Collaborate across engineering & operation teams to improve automation of workflows and infrastructure.
* Ensure predictability: Establish SLAs for service uptime and build the necessary telemetry and alerting to reach them.
* Maintain Consistency: Develop and maintain solutions for deploying critical production infrastructure across diverse environments.
* Practice Accountability: Participate in periodic on-call duties and ensure that incident root causes are identified, debugged and resolved to prevent recurrence
Skills & Experience:
* Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python.
* Strong knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals.
* Driven towards automation, remove manual process bottlenecks to increase efficiency.
* Excellent problem solver, ability to action high-level business needs and adapt to changing requirements.
* Experience working in a highly-available, dynamic production environment
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.