Role: DevOps Engineer
Option ONE – 4 days remote working (must be UK based) / *1 day at the Manchester office (M4 1FS)
Option TWO – Fully remote working (must be UK based)
Salary: £25,000 to £50,000
* Finish early Friday’s.
* Start-up environment, relaxed, close knit team & flat management.
* High degree of creative control over your work.
* Opportunity to attend industry events (workshops, seminars etc).
* A learning budget for you to buy books, eBooks and training materials.
* Manchester Northern Quarter location, cool office, ergonomic chairs.
* New Mac to work on (Or Linux/Windows if you like!).
* Artisan coffee & stocked kitchen for lunch/fruit/snacks/sandwiches.
* Social culture with regular activities & company meals out.
About: They are a revolutionary Internet Software company in the heart of Manchester with thousands of customers and millions of end users around the world. With an established team nothing short of awesome and a prolific CEO steering the ship, they now require a talented DevOps Engineer to join their close-knit creative/technical team.
Role: They are looking for an individual who is ready to create something brilliant, live and breathe what they do and be proud of the solution they are working on, as they will be creating a modern feature rich solution which will be used by thousands of direct customers and hundreds of millions of end users. You will be the sole DevOps person working alongside the Development team who will always be on hand with incidents etc. You will be expected to take ownership of the infrastructure, suggesting and implementing improvements moving forward.
* Being a team player in the design, development and implementation of new and existing web apps.
* Develop reliable, efficient and scalable Cloud-based solutions.
* Work with things like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx, RabbitMQ and Linux.
* Database design, optimisation and programming.
* Bring innovation & knowledge to your work.
* Motivated contribution to progress and structure.
(Technologies the company use are in brackets)
* 2+ years commercial SRE / Sysadmin / DevOps engineer experience.
* Experience administering Cloud computing platforms (AWS).
* Experience administering a Kubernetes cluster (AWS EKS).
* Experience administering a fleet of dedicated servers (Debian based).
* Experience working with infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, Ansible).
* Experience working with various data storage technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis).
* Keen eye for security and performance.
* Real passion, interest and experience in working with cutting edge web technologies, server platforms, Cloud computing.
* Motivation, talent and endless spirit.
* Ability to integrate a symbiotic & highly motivated development team.
* Desire to do great things, constantly striving to learn and improve.
This is truly a wonderful opportunity to work for one of the coolest Software as a Service companies in Manchester and achieve something great. Want to be a gamechanger working with the latest tech?
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.