HartleyCo have partnered with an incredibly exciting FinTech who are searching for a DevOps Engineer. The client is based in Reading however they have a remote first working policy whereby you can work remotely from anywhere in the UK. There are people working efficiently and collaboratively in regions ranging from Scotland to Cornwall.
As the DevOps you will have a genuine interest and proven ability in problem solving, coding and scripting. This varied role involves working on CI processes, automated server configuration, server security, database integration and problem diagnosis.
The role offers a huge amount of opportunities to expand on your existing server-side, coding, network and virtualisation skills.
As a member of our talented team, you’ll…
• Maintain the availability of core business services
• Monitor critical infrastructure to ensure any issues are proactively identified and resolved
• Research, design, test and deploy new platform solutions
• Collaborate with teams cross training and deploying new products and tech
• Ensure the security and availability of intellectual property, as well as business critical services ranging from ecommerce sites, Cloud Services, Maintenance of backup and DR process, procedures.
• Assist the support function with customer issues.
• Using a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Coding and scripting with a good grasp of automation tools
• Needing experience with infrastructure as Code (Ansible)
• Needing experience of VMWare vSphere.
• Linux server admin ideally Debian and/or CentOS
• Linux web, application and Linux email server set-up and configuration experience.
• Basic Relational database stuff PostgreSQL & MySQL
Experience and qualifications
• Build, deploy and support of production Linux servers and workstations for hardware, software (LAMP stack).
• AWS infrastructure experience (or other cloud provider)
• VMWare ESXi (5.5 and 6.7) and vSphere cluster and storage administration.
• Scripting in one or more language, such as Windows Shell, Bash, Python, Ansible.
• Networking fundamentals – LAN, VLAN, WAN, VPN, server firewall and protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SSL/TLS and SMTP.
• Experience documenting your work and contributing to team Wiki.
• Tracking and progressing service requests, i.e. though ITIL or Jira workflows.
• Working knowledge of network security principals.
• Experience maintaining web-based applications such as Atlassian products
• Mixed-platform environment, with Windows, Mac and Linux.
If you'd like to learn more or would like a full JD, please apply for immediate consideration
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.