Salary: Up to £70,000 + Flexi Working + Generous Benefits Package
A DevOps Architect is highly sought by this global software organisation that are in the process of a massive expansion plan. We are currently hiring a highly technical Infrastructure Solutions Architect to help develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with the customers and partners on key engagements. The ideal candidate will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
* Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
* Solutions – Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
* Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
* Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
* Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT implementation experience
* Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
* Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
* Integration of AWS cloud services
* Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
* Current hands-on software development experience required; Internet-related business models preferred
* Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
Currently the aim is for a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a DevOps Architect looking to make their mark on some exciting and highly-regarded projects. The company are passionate about being at the forefront of technology and so you will be invited to make suggestions on the implementation of tech and new ways of working.
There are ample opportunities for personal development and career progression within the business. Moreover, you will regularly receive training and opportunities to further your skill-set.
If you are an DevOps Architect who is looking to join an exciting global software business, apply now or send your CV to (url removed) or alternatively give me a call on (phone number removed)
DevOps Architect – Bolton
Microsoft Technologies, Cloud Platforms (Azure/AWS), Red Hat/Linux, VMWare, Citrix, Database, Networking, IT Security
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.