DevOps Lead – Fully Remote Ireland
Unique opportunity to join an AI-powered, SaaS solution provider whose mission is to enable utility providers to optimise grid and customer behaviours and accelerate our journey towards a clean energy future.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley the company has spent the last 10 years perfecting their solution, registered their patents, and are now fully funded to grow rapidly and bring AI to utilities and homes around the world.
With an existing client base in Ireland, they are establishing an R&D operation here to help them scale at speed and drive changes in consumer behaviours towards a clean energy future.
You can join them on this journey and enjoy fully remote working within Ireland.
We are looking for extraordinary infrastructure and devops engineers to build a world class
cloud platform that scales to millions of users. You must have experience building key portions of a highly scalable infrastructure using Amazon AWS and should know EC2, S3, EMR like the back of your hand. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced startup and enjoy wearing multiple hats to get the job done.
* Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs.
* Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure.
* Troubleshooting infra, network and security issues.
* Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage.
* Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
* Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability
* assessment and risk management.
* Incidence management and root cause analysis.
* Coordination and communication within the team and with customers.
* Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools.
* B.E in Computer Science or a related field
* 5-8 years of experience in maintaining infrastructure system/devops
* Experience working on Linux based infrastructure, big data ecosystem like HDFS,
* Cassandra,Spark, Airflow etc
* Excellent understanding of Python and Shell scripting
* Good understanding of setting up of VPC, subnets, VPC tunneling, IAM role access
* Exposure to EC2, EMR, load balancer (ELB and ALB, elastic bean stack), cloudwatch metrics,
* SQS, SNS, lambda functions, kinesis, redshift, s3, glacier etc
* Enjoy setting up and managing CI CD tools like jenkins, argocd, workflow tools like Airflow, logging and monitoring tools like ELK, splunk, grafana and prometheus.
* Deep working knowledge of Linux servers and networked environments thorough understanding of distributed systems and the protocols they use, including TCP/IP, RESTful APIs, SQL, NoSQL. Experience in managing a NoSQL database (Cassandra) is a huge plus.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.