We are currently recruiting for Dev Ops DBA who has Azure experience as we move towards Azure, working in a small Dev Ops Team you will need to demonstrate the following skills.
Your role will be varied and working to transform legacy on premise solutions to a more modern hybrid/cloud based architecture designing, developing and implementing solutions.
An essential part of your role will be able to code review for other development teams, backup, restore and performance tuning and provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Designing, developing, implementing, and documenting solutions to transform legacy on-premise solutions to modern hybrid/cloud-based architecture
* Developing bespoke code where required for solutions
* Developing deployment scripts for deployment in DevOps methodology
* Ensure proper configuration, change, and event management processes, procedures and controls are implemented and adhered to
* Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
* Continually review, design, and implement technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes
* Ensuring adherence to Group IT, Departmental and individual SLA’s and KPI’s
* Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
* Secure, scale, and manage Windows Linux virtual environments
* Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
* Skills specifically in C#,T-SQL and SQL
* SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Proficient SQL scripting development experience – stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis and a thorough understanding of indexes and statistics
* Operational Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
Cloud Base Technologies
* Experience with Microsoft Azure core services SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS (service bus, managed instances).
* Experience with Microsoft Azure Dev ops for deploying services
* Experience of trouble shooting resources within Azure
* Understanding of DNS, SSL, Firewalls, and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc)
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or 5 years relevant experience
* Desired Microsoft Azure / SQL qualifications
* Knowledge of IFS and/or Microsoft Dynamics platforms desirable
* An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
* Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
* Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
* The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
* A commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.