Deputy Security Transformation Programmes Lead
Location: London, Leeds, Birmingham, Hastings
The Cabinet Office is undergoing a major transformation of government security which involves changing how HMG approaches protective security and National Security Vetting (NSV) and includes the Vetting Transformation Programme (VTP). This requires fundamental change to the underpinning security policy, people, processes, structures and enabling technology across HMG organisations. As the SEO DfT Security Transformation Programmes Lead, reporting to the Transformation Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the Transformation Lead by leading on the detailed coordination of business change activities delivering on government security and NSV change and the transformation of Corporate Security functions and services.
Working with internal and external stakeholders, the role will operate at the project/work-stream level managing the detailed implementation of government security and NSV related business change to support the realisation of security transformation strategic benefits, coordinate DfT related projects and work-stream outputs, whilst ensuring effective security outcomes for the department and its stakeholder organisations. DfT Corporate Security (CorpSec) were supported by a contractor transformation team since 2018. The team is to be replaced by two permanent civil servants, one of which is this role. HMG security transformation is planned to run to 2023-4, after which this role will be migrated across to a Business as Usual main team.
includes but not limited to:
• Deputise for the Transformation Lead as required.
• Support the Transformation Lead in change / project management for the Corporate Security team.
• Lead on developing detailed transformation / business change management plans and documentation required for the effective governance and control of DfT project level related activities for government security transformation and VTP.
• Coordinate the detailed planning and control of government security transformation activities and establish the required governance and reporting processes by providing a programme management office (PMO) function.
• Support the Transformation Lead with requirements capturing for government security transformation and VTP.
• Conduct stakeholder analysis, engagement and develop the communication plan.
• Assist the Corporate Security work package leads in delivering their outputs and preparing the affected business areas for transition to support security transformation programmes; potentially implementing new business processes.
• Assist the transition to support transformation and business processes with the affected businesses.
• Undertake cross-cutting activities to support the CorpSec team as required
• Be required to perform the role of an Incident Control Officer on the team, for which training will be provided.
For more information about the role, please see the attached Job Profile.
To be successful in the role you will need to bring the following experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Project Management and transformation/business change techniques with demonstrable experience of operating in a complex transformation/ business change environment.
• Qualified APM, PRINCE or Agile Project Management Practitioner or other appropriate programme / project / business change qualification.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work within diverse expert teams and build effective relationships across organisational boundaries based on credibility and trust.
• Proven ability to successfully communicate with diverse stakeholders.
• Self-motivated and proactive with excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to work under pressure on multiple work-streams within demanding project timeframes.
• Possesses an ‘eye for detail’ and ability to lead business process redesign.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required to troubleshoot complex business change.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Ability to produce high-quality project management and reporting documentation.
• Highly Proficient in relevant office productivity packages (Word, Excel, Visio,)
• SC cleared or ability to undergo SC clearance. DV may be required once in post
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.