RM is the leading supplier of technology and resources to the education sector, supporting schools, teachers and learners, enabling the improvement of educational outcomes worldwide. We work across the industry from pre-school to higher education and professional qualification, our customers include schools, examination boards, central governments and other professional institutions. We have a clear purpose to enrich the lives of learners worldwide.
Join us and Learn What’s Possible for you in your career
What we can offer you
* Competitive salary depending on experience
* 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance related bonus scheme
What's the purpose of the role?
The Project Manager will have hands on responsibility for the preparation and management of the day-to-day project and management activities aligning the RM business operations and systems to successfully implement the series of deployments of its MSD365 ERP rollout across the operating Divisions. This through delivery activities into transition state release deployment, cut-over and to then enable live service transition to BAU. Reporting to the Programme Manager, and working closely with the key implementation partners and RM worksteams, you will focus on implementation release/delivery planning and hands-on managing the detailed execution life-cycle of “business implementations” (development, go-live and post-implementation transition activities). You will be accountable for the areas of:
* Task level planning
* Task level preparation
* Task level coordination
* Partner/Supplier activity coordination
* Business Owner Management coordination and resource planning
* User Acceptance Testing
* Implementations “Cut-Over” preparation, planning and execution
* Acceptance Into Service (release regime)
* Dependency management
* Issue resolution/management
What does the job entail?
* Establish the Business Releases/Implementations as work-packages within the overall delivery programme, develop the activity list and PM the implementation projects plans
* Work closely with the existing teams, third party implementation partners, consultants and other RM functions as the key point of programme delivery integration/transition state delivery for the Programme
* Build delivery confidence with the RM business owners, operational managers and product owners across the RM Divisions
* Become the key point of contact for the MSD365 ERP implementations and associated build programmes across RM
* Contribute to the development of the ongoing RM business release models and deployment models and service transition models (process, people and technology)
* Proactively engage with relevant stakeholders, suppliers and governance processes
* Transition the new MSD365 based deployments into the relevant BAU functions
* Provide assurance and support that implementation and adoption activities are occurring to meet the agreed timetables
* Highlight relevant opportunities for simplification and efficiencies
* Work closely with RM’s in-house offshore operations centre in Southern India (IT and business teams)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of hands on day-to-day preparation and project management activities across major transformation projects/programmes, ideally with experience of MSD365 ERP implementation. You will be able to demonstrate management of the detailed execution of the life-cycle of business implementation including development, go-live and post-implementation transition activities.
We need someone with:
* Experience in Retail or Supply Change
* Exposure to multiple industries, business models and processes
* Experience of large, complex business transformation programmes
* Experience of ERP projects
* Strong analytical skills
* Knowledge of B2B facing services and applications
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills
What's in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary, you could earn a performance related bonus and you would receive our core benefits package which includes private medical healthcare, life assurance and a Group Personal Pension Plan with higher contribution levels available.
There is lots of voluntary benefits too. You could buy additional annual leave, join our dental plan, sign for a health assessment or take part in our cycle to work scheme. You could even earn yourself an extra bonus for successfully recommending a friend or family member for a position within RM.
At RM we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
At RM, we offer My Work Blend @RM which allows flexible, multi location working. Our offices are now hubs for collaboration and My Work Blend @RM is designed to empower our people with the flexibility to work from the locations and to the hours that allow them to be most productive. We trust our people to make appropriate decisions and have the right discussions with their Manager and colleagues to support this
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.