Are you experienced in database administration and looking for a new and exciting challenge?
We are currently looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. Smart working is in place, with the role being based at our site in Bradford when required. In return, we can offer a competitive salary plus benefits!
Advanced Supply Chain Group offer a complete end-to-end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment, and value-added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today’s technology-enabled marketplace. Using our unique intelligent supply chain model, we design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the supply chain. It all adds up to providing a service that is “Better, Faster, Cheaper” than our competitors.
Working within the IT department, you will join a growing information systems team working on award-winning internally developed supply chain solutions.
As our Database Administrator (DBA), you will be responsible for the design, build, operations, monitoring, performance, integrity and security of on-premises and Azure-hosted Microsoft SQL server databases.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to take ownership of our critical database platforms and work with the latest technologies within a technically capable team.
Responsibilities of our Database Administrator (DBA) will include:
– Undertaking the design, installation and configuration of the database
– Delivering and managing changes to databases
– Monitoring database performance and efficiency
– Maintaining, troubleshooting & backing up the database platforms
– Assisting the development team with the logical design, physical design and performance tuning of SQL as and when required
– Sustaining the security and integrity of data
– Providing support for any performance issues through the optimisation of queries, stored procedures, indexing and structure
– Creating complex query definitions allowing data to be extracted
– Writing systems and database documentation
– Providing recommendations for continual service improvements
– Controlling access permissions and privileges
– Training colleagues in how to extract data efficiently
What we’re looking for in our Database Administrator (DBA):
– A proven track record of working on data handling and transactional systems
– Expert understanding of Relational Databases
– Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (on-premises and IaaS platforms)
– Database administration skills
– Expert understanding of T-SQL
– Strong analytical and organisational skills
– Knowledge of Azure SQL Managed Instance
– Knowledge of query tuning and optimisation
– Problem-solving skills
– Up to date knowledge of technology
What will you get in return as our Database Administrator (DBA)?
Access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include a generous holiday scheme, pension scheme, online discounts, development, a solid career progression programme and more!
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our next Database Administrator (DBA), click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.