Manchester or Peterborough
Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Join a skilled team of Database Administrators, who are responsible for looking after the whole Database environment, with help and support of our Outsource Team, in relation to DBA related tasks.
The role of Database Administrator is really important to us. You will be an experienced SQL Server and Oracle DBA, with a strong technical set. You will be able work in a challenging and fast-moving environment. As DBA, you will be able to bring your own ideas to management, and actively goal-seek applying best practices. There may also be a requirement to work out of hours on a few occasions.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our offices. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
* Ensuring the continued health, data integrity and up-time of the Bank's multiple database systems, including backup management, service availability, HA and DR management
* Proactive enhancement, refinement and ongoing general upkeep and improvement of the database estate
* 2nd/3rd Line DBA support to business-critical databases
* MS SQL administration, backup and restore, maintenance automation with Ola Hallengren/TDPMon scripted solutions
* Management, upkeep, creation and specification of HA/DR solutions, including MSSQL Clustering, AlwaysOn AG/FCI, mirroring and log shipping technologies
* Large MSSQL estate management of versions from 2000 to 2019, using toolsets to simplify management
* Upkeep and management of Oracle Database server 10/11/12g
* MSSQL consolidation
* Data warehousing support
* SQL reporting and OLTP performance triage and optimisation
* Database availability support, monitoring of critical database and related services
* Project involvement acting as an SME inputting into High- and Low-level design documentation and attending technical design authority to provide input
What do we expect of you?
* Production RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) support for SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS systems, including support of HA and DR providing technologies.
* Competency in performance troubleshooting and in RDBMS solutions design utilising latest technologies,
* 3rd party management and tools such as PowerShell tooling
* Experience of supporting SSAS/IS/RS
* External hosting experience and migration projects
What can you expect of us?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
The Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses together under one umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
The Bank is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received, will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.