Exertis UK Ltd.
Exertis is the leading technology distributor and it’s an exciting time! We are establishing our first global data warehouse for the Group, consolidating data from over 40 international sources, and creating an amazing analytical service for the wider business.
We now need help on this journey and are looking for an ambitious Data Warehouse Developer. They will be ready to take the next step in their career and join a team famous for innovation and making use of the latest technologies to deliver what the business needs.
As our Data Warehouse Developer and with the support of the extended team, you will:
* Capture project and user requirements for changes to the Data Warehouse
* Complete data modelling and data solution designs
* Collaborate on architecture and design across the team on larger projects
* Deliver code changes and releases to production across a variety of applications
* Own data engineering incident investigation and corrective action
* Support data quality issue analysis with local data stewards
* Build relationships internationally with local technical leads across the Group
* Contribute to the team’s data engineering and architecture best practice polices
An open mindset and willingness to learn are key. You will be expected to work on and research multiple data applications and data engineering best practices, ultimately establishing yourself as a ’go to’ person for data engineering knowledge in the Group.
Skills and Experience
You will be working within a small but dynamic team backed up by some great partners offshore so strong communication and team collaboration skills are essential. We operate in an agile environment so experience of a database development and release cycle will be a great advantage.
Our solutions are based on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft’s own data and analytics technology stack. Therefore, you will need strong T-SQL skills and you will already have experience in:
* Azure SQL Server Database
* Azure Data Lake
* Azure Data Factory
* Azure SSAS
* Wider Azure knowledge or skills would also be advantageous
Our analysts and reporting teams use QlikView and Power BI as their primary means of accessing the data so experience here would be advantageous. We are also growing our data science skill base so experience with python or other scripting languages is also desirable
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.