Do you have a passion for data? Are you a problem-solver with an ability to quickly understand complex processes? Do you continually seek and find meaningful patterns in data? Then this role could be for you. We are looking for a Data Scientist – someone with a data focus, mathematical mindset, and collaborative project experience. This role will be key to delivering advanced analytics projects within both new and existing business workflows, working alongside expert data professionals and business unit SMEs to deliver new insight and analytics to our clients. The candidate should be able to commute to one of our offices in Either Edinburgh or London.
About the role
This role will form part of the Innovation and Analytics Lab and will work closely with a variety of other functions and teams throughout Wood Mackenzie. The successful candidate will spend the majority of their time performing data exploration / visualization and developing machine learning models. The success of this role will require collaborative development & problem solving. Our team has consciously developed a supportive and inclusive culture, guided by five principles:
* Fixate on Business Outcome
* Sustain an Innovation Mindset
* Cultivate Constructive Discord
* Encourage Curiosity and a Growth Mindset
* Maintain Collaborative Habits
* Develop and / or use various algorithms to build predictive models within a variety of business domains.
* Collaborate with business units to understand their problems and goals, specify hypotheses, and identify appropriate modeling approaches / statistical tests.
* Collaboratively perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple complex business problems using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
* Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns, and recommend solutions.
* Use strong programming & data engineering skills to explore, examine, prepare, and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
* Design, prototype, and productize data sets that are used for advanced analytics.
* Read and ingest academic-oriented literature, and collaborate with subject matter experts to build better predictive models
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.