As a Data Scientist at Hoist Finance
You will be demonstrating an innovative approach in the development of statistical models to support our Collections Strategies. Using a variety of Machine learning techniques, you will be required to understand the business problem, deliver a solution and present to senior stakeholders.
Key experience required
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Data Science Role.
* Proficient in developing models using techniques such as Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, CHAID, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Cluster Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, Bayesian Algorithms, Neural Networks, SVM, MARS.
* Experienced in the use of Business Intelligence, Analytical and Statistical packages (e.g. SQL, SAS, R-Studio, Python, Azure ML)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills. For analysts based outside of the UK, ability to communicate in English to a high standard is essential
* Ability to present complex and detailed data in a simple to understand and innovative way
* A high level of customer focus with a proven record of delivering high standards of customer/seller service and experience
* Ability to work independently, pro-actively, multi-task (organised) and deliver.
* Also able to work in teams, mediating between team members to diminish negative effects on team productivity and work environment
* Degree in a Mathematics/Statistics related subject
Who are Hoist Finance?
Hoist Finance was founded in 1994 and we are currently operating in eleven European countries with more than 1,700 employees. With over 20 years of experience, we have become one of the leading debt management companies in Europe – and we are growing fast.
We purchase both performing and non-performing loans from our partners, international banks and financial institutions, so that they can free up resources for their respective core business. Apart from helping people getting back on track financially, this also contributes to upholding a sustainable, fair and stable credit market since we help banks to offload their balance sheet so that they can meet their regulatory requirements.
What are the benefits?
· Remote working opportunities, not just temporarily. Flexible working options are available.
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Buy and sell holiday – Up to 5 days
· Healthcare cash plan
· Employee assistance programme
· Bonus potential – Annual Management Bonus (at the companies discretion)
How to apply:
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team, if you are suitable for the position, we will be in touch within 2 weeks.
Hoist Finance are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all successful candidates will be subject to relevant financial and criminal record checks prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on promoting includion and diversity within the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.