Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Do you know how to build machine learning classifiers? Good enough with Python to produce production-grade code? Interested in employment issues? We might have a job for you.
XpertHR is the most comprehensive source of employment law, HR good practice and benchmarking information available, providing solutions and expertise for employers in the UK, USA and the Netherlands.
Increasingly the challenges and opportunities facing HR practitioners involve the mastery of data. As a data scientist you would work with our content and development teams to build successful products in this exciting area.
XpertHR is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers. RELX Group is one of the 30 biggest listed companies in the UK and one of the 500 biggest companies in the world. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in some 40 countries. It employs around 30,000 people.
You will be responsible for providing data science input to development initiatives. You will be able to formulate business problems as achievable data science tasks and suggest innovations and process improvements to a friendly mixed team of data scientists, survey specialists, developers and content producers. Finally, you will use your technical and team working skills to ensure that data science initiatives become high-value services to our customers
* Python – functions, classes, modules, pip, git, Pandas, NumPy, Jupyter notebooks and the sklearn API will be far from a mystery to you
* Machine learning – you can formulate appropriate problems into machine learning tasks, select appropriate methods, and then build, train, test and validate classifiers and regressors
* Natural language processing – you will know how to stem, tag, tokenize and vectorise text inputs into a form that can be digested by other data science processes
* Data engineering – you will be able to query SQL databases even when this involves multiple joins and aggregations. You will have practical knowledge of ETL pipelines and the necessary part they often play in data science initiatives
* Analysis and reporting – we are not expecting awesome visualisation work but you must be able to explore a dataset (and associated metadata) and then summarise your findings in a manner that would be clearly understood by your colleagues and our customers
* Team working – you will be able to work in a mixed team of survey specialists, data scientists, software developers and content producers. You must be willing to reach out to other team members to get context, clarification, suggestions and assistance
* Business focus – you will appreciate that we are a commercial business and that our success is purely dependent on providing compelling content and services to our customers. This focus also requires that you totally understand the need for data security and governance
* In additional to the above skills and attributes, we would be particularly interested if you had significant experience of using AWS services, NoSQL databases, web crawling/scraping and workflow orchestration services such as Apache Airflow
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.