Data Scientist – Aldershot – 6 months
Data Science / Agile / DevOps / ML / Data Sets / Data Mining / Statistical Analysis
Data Scientist sought in Aldershot for an initial 4-month contract to work on an exciting Borders Management programme to utilise Machine Learning to enhance international border security.
About the Team
– The team works in an Agile, DevOps environment.
– You will be working alongside 3 developers, 2 data scientists, 2 Business Analysts and 2 QA.
– You will engage regularly and directly with the Product Manager and Product Owner to keep a tight feedback loop.
– New versions of the product are released every 3-4 months.
– You will be encouraged to suggest new ideas, approaches and priorities.
– Minimum of 5 years Data Science experience in a production environment
– Experience in large organisations is desirable
– Experience working on highly sensitive datasets (ie. healthcare, security, finance)
– Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
– Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
– Knowledge of working and generating synthetic datasets
– Proven track record of deploying machine learning models in customer facing products in a CI/CD workflow.
– Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
– Combine models through ensemble modelling
– Present information using data visualization techniques
– Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
– Implementing reusable workflows to building data processing, ETL pipelines that lead to greater data quality
– Document workflows, research and findings of data science activities
– Collaborate with product and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
Skills & Qualifications
– MSc/BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; Degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
– Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Java is an asset but not a must.
– Proficient in three or more of the following; Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, Keras, PyTorch, Pandas.
– Familiarity with one or more these visualization libraries; Matplotlib, Seaborn, Bokeh, Plotly.
– Practical knowledge of Auto ML tools in production environments (H20, DataRobot, RapidMiner)
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.