SDL Solutions Limited is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to be a technical lead for our clients data platform team. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference as the business invests heavily in data-driven consultancy.
There is the option to work flexibly and in the majority from home – however, you will sometimes need to attend their London & Buckinghamshire offices to support team development and to meet the needs of their stakeholders.
The team’s responsibilities include all aspects of data solution development and operation – research, analysis, scripting/automation, testing, deployment, support, monitoring, and performance/cost management.
They operate a hybrid on-premises / cloud model and are now looking to migrate more of their data stores and pipelines into Azure while establishing a DataOps model for ongoing development on the platform.
As well as building out the data platform, you will need to work with their clients application development teams, data-scientists and analysts to guide them through productionising data solutions.
You will have significant previous experience building end-to-end data solutions from ingestion to insights on the Azure cloud. previous experience in the following areas will be beneficial:
* SQL Server, SSIS and ETL pipelines – SQL Server Data Tools
* Tableau and R
* Visual Studio
* Azure DevOps, Git, Build & Release pipelines
* have at least 5 years of relevant commercial experience
* have a strong computer science background, including some programming and DevOps
* be a senior member of the team and mentor
* be familiar with GDPR and industry best practice around data protection
Data Engineer – Fantastic Benefits – London (Remote)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.