We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join a tech company in London.
The Data Engineer role is 100% remote. You will still have the option of going into the office in London as much as you wish, the team also has regular socials.
My client is looking to add to their data team and hire a Data Engineer to maintain and develop the data platform they use to provide access to data which allows them to make intelligent decisions for the millions of users of their platform. The right Data Engineer candidate will be a driven engineering professional with a track record of working on large scale data processing systems. They should also be able to work with business stakeholders to scope out and design new data solutions.
Data Engineer key responsibilities:
* Management and operation of our data ingestion and processing pipeline.
* Writing queries to transform and enrich our data for using analytical tools.
* Working with business stakeholders to scope out and build new datasets to allow the company to make intelligent decisions across the business.
* Working with the development team to scope out the collection of additional data to power the above datasets.
Data Engineer essential skills:
* 3+ years of experience working in a modern data environment.
* Expert in SQL and database fundamentals.
* Experience working with cloud service providers – we currently use GCP and AWS
Data Engineer desirable skills:
* Have experience or an interest in ML.
* Have experience working for SaaS or Marketplace technology companies.
* Experience writing automation scripts e.g. in python or shell scripts
* Have exposure to DevOps and deployment. They use Kubernetes, and helm on GCP currently.
* Highly competitive salary. They believe in fair rewards for good work.
* Remote working
* Holiday Perks. Claim a bonus holiday day for every year you are with them, plus extra time off between Christmas and New Year.
* Flexible Hours. Manage your hours in a way that suits you.
* Professional Autonomy. Build a career around what you believe in.
* Inclusive Culture. Fun and dynamic with regular socials.
* Referral bonus
* Pension scheme
* Discounted/free tickets for events
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.