The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What will your typical day look like?
Insight and Intelligence drives Atom.
As a Data Engineer you will be creating an efficient, sustainable, and agile data analytics platform for a data driven digital bank. You will be using a range of database technologies and a combination of event driven techniques and batch processing methodologies. In addition, you will be expanding and optimizing our cloud-based data & data pipelines as part of a cross functional team.
As a Data Engineer at Atom, you will support our software engineers, data architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
* Build and maintain data ETL jobs using a range of tools & techniques
* Effective use of database and streaming techniques and methodologies to create an efficient, sustainable and agile platform
* Work on cloud based architecture to deliver robust data pipelines
* Assist with the design and integrity of data solutions delivered to the business
* Take build requirements and translate them into workable code that meets business needs in a compliant, robust and timely manner
* Responsibility for maintaining robust and high-quality data throughout all design and implementation
* Adherence to data governance principles and standards at all time
* Work collaboratively with the Data Science, Reporting and Data Engineering team in maintaining consistent and accurate data
What do we need from you?
* Experience with either relational SQL or analytics databases, including Postgres, Cassandra and BigQuery
* Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and deployment infrastructure such as GCP functions, Kubernetes & Terraform/Jenkins, CI/CD Git.
* Knowledge of Data Modelling, ETL development and Database/Data Warehousing, Structured and Unstructured data
* Awareness of how data can be used to drive operational and strategic decisions
* Understanding and delivery of Data Governance practices
What you’ll get from us?
* Flexible & Remote working
* 4 Day Week
* Annual Share Option – performance related
* Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
* ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
* 22.5 days holiday + 8 bank/public holidays
* Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
* Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
* Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
* Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Continuous development – professional qualifications
* Challenging and exciting working environment
Durham, County Durham
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.