Wilmington PLC are looking for a Data Analyst
Location: London – E1 8QS OR Basildon, Essex
Salary: Up To £40k Depending on Location
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
We want you because you have working experience of manipulating and analysing large numerical and text-based healthcare related data sets and transferring them into bespoke user-friendly dashboards in Tableau or similar. If you have SQL as well that would be a huge bonus for us.
You also enjoy autonomy and love working independently within a team and you have advanced Excel skills. If this sounds like you, why not read on.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio.
Here at Wilmington plc we provide information and training to professional business markets via a portfolio of well known professional service brands. Put simply, we enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge.
Main Purpose of Role
Our fantastic team of Data Analysts cover a wide range of analytical activity to provide high quality insight and information reporting to a variety of clients across our diverse and interesting business portfolio.
Regular tasks include importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modelling data with the purpose of understanding or making inferences for decision or management purposes. The job also includes presenting data in charts, tables or written reports, and designing information solutions such as dashboards to present data to data users. You will predominantly be working with Healthcare related datasets, but with a growing remit within the team, there is the opportunity to apply analytical techniques to a variety of datasets held within the group.
You will provide support to the analytical team and assist in the planning and allocation of tasks along with taking a lead role in liaising with clients and senior management staff within the group to establish user requirements as well as delivering quality projects efficiently and on time.
We attend regular team meetings and all like to contribute to the development of innovative and exciting analytical products for our clients.
Ideally we would like you to have expertise in understanding healthcare datasets including HES (Hospital Episode Statistics), QOF (Quality and Outcomes Framework) and prescribing data as you will need to be up-to-date with datasets being analysed and develop a clear understanding of the methodology behind them. The ability to be flexible and adaptable to a range of datasets and be able to apply analytical techniques to these is imperative.
If this sounds like you and you feel this could be the new challenge you are seeking, why not apply? You have nothing to lose.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
– Ability to undertake a variety of activities with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. It is important to be able to work independently within a team.
– Excellent and advanced Excel skills, including writing macros and transformation of data
– Experience of building bespoke dashboards in Tableau (strongly preferred), or a similar BI tool
– Experience of manipulating and analysing large numerical and text-based data sets and transforming them into standardised, user friendly format
– Develop initiatives for providing more efficient bespoke tools in Excel and Tableau
– The ability to manage multiple projects, as well as meet time constraints and expectations.
– Designing new approaches to the presentation of the data
– Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
– Effective verbal communication skills; strong analytical and technical writing skills
– Strong organisational skills (demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
– Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with minimal supervision
Desirable skills and experience
– Advanced Excel with VBA skills
– Intermediate to advanced Tableau skills
– Project management experience, as a minimum the ability to manage delivery of work within stated timeframes
– Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and the NHS
– Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
– PowerPoint skills of a level to produce analysis presentations suitable for client delivery
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.