Cyber Security Engineering Analyst
As a Cyber Security Engineering Analyst at Unipart – reporting to the Security Operation Centre Manager – you will be responsible for the continuous monitoring, configuration, and development of security systems and technologies that protect the company’s assets. Working with other members of the Security Operation Centre, you will also be responsible for timely resolution of security incidents, requests and changes, following existing ITIL based processes and procedures.
Cyber Security Engineering Analyst Responsibilities:
• Deployment of Fortinet firewalls
• Interpreting customer requirements into change requests
• Implementing firewall changes
• Monitoring, management, and configuration of firewall and security systems
• Working with internal customers and managed service providers to address security configuration issues
• Closely working with other members of the Security Operation Centre team to undertake attack driven defence activities; and development of additional security controls within adopted technologies
• Provide security advice and guidance to other teams within the business
• Ticket management for incidents, requests, and changes
Cyber Security Engineering Analyst Requirements:
• Experience of maintaining security systems such as firewall’s – 3+ years
• Working experience of FortiNet firewall technologies including ( FortiManager, FortiAuthenicator and FortiGate Virtual Domains )
• Good working experience of threat hunting and problem solving through the application of log data and the identification of patterns or trends
• Strong knowledge of switches, routers, network technologies and protocols including IPSEC, VLANs, VRF, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, DNS and SMTP
• Understanding of key industry principles (least privilege and layered defence)
• Excellent people skills including good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Exposure to industry practices and standards (NIST, OWASP, PCI, CVSS)
• Experience working with dynamic routing protocols ( OSPF and BGP )
• Previous experience working with Reverse Application Proxies, Web Proxies and DLP systems
• Development and deployment of network sensors and rules (IPS/IDS, WAF)
About Unipart Group Limited:
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Cowley, Oxford
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Salary dependent upon experience, but will include a car / car allowance
You may have experience of the following: Security Engineer, Python Developer, Cyber Security Engineer, Security Operations, Azure, SecOps, DevSecOps, SecDevOps, Powershell, Linux, Windows, OWASP, Code Vulnerability etc.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.