Cyber Security Engineer
Would you like to play a key role in developing secure solutions and assuring Cyber Security for one of the UK's leading defence prime systems integrators? We currently have a vacancy for a Cyber Security Engineer at our site in Christchurch, Dorset (flexible working arrangements will also be considered for this role). Christchurch itself is a picturesque location, with a choice of award-winning beaches, coastal nature reserves and heritage attractions nearby.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will be joining our highly dedicated Cyber Security team working on deployed networks such as Tactical, Command, Control, Computers and Communications (C4) systems. You will be working with a range of internal and customer stakeholders to help them understand security risks throughout the entire project lifecycle and then working with security and technical professionals to design and implement cyber security controls and drive effective risk management.
This role will provide you with the chance to work on a wide variety of tasks gaining and developing a deeper understanding of security risks and mitigations.
Key Responsibility Areas
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
– Working closely with security stakeholders from both the business and the customer communities throughout the whole project lifecycle and at all classifications, in particular with the SAC and Accreditor to achieve and maintain system accreditation
– Providing cyber security advice and guidance to systems and software engineers, including at a detailed technical level. You should be able to provide detailed guidance on, for example, operating system lockdowns and data-in-transit protection
– Providing cyber security advice and guidance to managers and solution architects to identify and propose architectures, develop secure designs and identify and implement security controls which provide proportionate risk reduction
– Performing security risk assessments to help projects understand the cyber security and cyber resilience risk context
– Producing security policies and operating procedures
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal to communicate effective with both team members and the stakeholder community. You will also have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills that can be applied to a range of different situations.
Essential / Desirable skills
– Systems or software engineering background, able to interact at a technical level with systems and software engineers
– Demonstrable experience of identifying cyber security risks and the commensurate controls
– Ability to articulate security advice directly to key stakeholders within both the business and the customer community
– Subject matter expertise in one or many security processes or technologies – such as security risk assessment, public key infrastructure, network security
– Experience of cyber security engineering delivery and accreditation (ideally in Defence)
– Excellent written communication skills, particular technical documentation and policy documents
– Degree qualified in Information/Cyber Security, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or Science equivalent qualifications/ experience
– Understanding of cryptography
– Hardware security including TEMPEST
– Experience of the Android operating system
– Knowledge and experience in HMG IAS1&2, NCSC guidance, JSP440/JSP604, NIST, ISO 27001 and industry-standard security frameworks
– CCP, CISSP, CISM, GCHQ Certified Degree, ex-CLAS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.