My client is the world leader in developing high performance software for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries.
They have an immediate opening for a Customer Support Engineer to join an experienced support team. Your role will be focused on supporting our customers in the various industries, primarily in Life Sciences and Engineering. Office-based duties will include email and telephone support, testing of systems and software, technical demonstrations and various computer-based and physical housekeeping activities.
The role is varied, and you will enjoy a busy professional environment both in the office and at our customers' operating in many interesting technical fields. You will be an organised and confident person and thrive as part of a team.
* Customer Support: Provide first line technical support to customers in the UK and internationally, using various methods: telephone, email, desktop sharing and IM
* Installation and training: Plan and deliver installation and commissioning of new motion capture systems and software training. Travelling in the UK and internationally approximately 10 – 20% of the time
* Testing: Test new software and hardware to quality assure products for release
* Demonstration: Assist the senior engineers and Sales team in developing effective demonstrations to prospective clientele or partners
* Represent at trade shows, conferences and events
* Administration: Assist the office administrators and managers in keeping CRM records and equipment/spaces tidy and organised
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Graduate in a relevant numerate/technical discipline, or 2 years relevant industry experience
* The right to legally live and work in the UK
* Good written communication in all spoken languages
* Able to undertake domestic and international travel
* Confident & able to communicate professionally at all levels
* Excellent presentation skills
* Self-motivated and resourceful in finding solutions by working with others
* Organised and able to prioritise tasks working alone or within a team
* Good computer skills using a variety of Windows desktop applications
Strong candidates will have:
* Good biomechanics or bioengineering background
* Knowledge of one or more of the following: MATLAB, Python, Visual3D, Labview
* Experience of creating video or tutorial content
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.