On-Prem and Cloud Support Engineer – O365, AWS, Cloud – Oxfordshire
We have a fantastic vacancy for a passionate, enthusiastic and multi-disciplined IT support engineer to join a growing global IT team working in a super cool industry. We are looking for someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves, get through the support workload providing an excellent level of service to the international teams. This person will also be innovative and creative and can bring automation and new ideas to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the service we provide.
This opportunity will see you working with traditional on-prem compute as well as multiple public cloud deployments in AWS, Azure and Google. You will be expected to support our teams in developing cutting-edge ground segment infrastructure, secure network infrastructure, CI/CD infrastructure for software engineers, high performance computing for simulations all in addition to ‘normal’ business IT requirements.
* Triage and provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to a growing user base covering Microsoft O365, AWS and other business systems
* To begin with set up new and manage existing user accounts and access rights but as you help us mature, help enable the onboarding of roles and applications to help staff self-service
* Initially install updates and patches, manage software systems but move to automate these services
* Configure laptop and server builds, using configuration-as-code principles
* Diagnose and fix network problems
* Maintain inventory systems
* Manage data backups across our estate
* Work with the global IT team to optimise support processes
* Develop training materials for users
* Occasional need to support on-call may be required
* Create and maintain systems documentation across the international estate
* Degree educated in an IT type of degree – ideally Computer Science or Software Engineering.
* Experience in working as a support engineer in a commercial setting
* Depth of understanding of computing and networking
* Experience working with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
* Experience in supporting AWS deployments
* Fantastic written, communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage your workload, effective in prioritising multiple requests
* Experience with the use of MDM and MAM technologies, principally Microsoft InTune
* Experience config management, from MS Active Directory to Terraform
This role is likely a 50/50 split onsite and offsite. The onsite location is easily commutable from Oxford Swindon, Slough Reading and Andover. The role is paying between £30k – £40k, offers really interesting work, and a great benefits package
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.