Job Title: Cloud Developer (Front End)
Business Area: Lucy Zodion
Location: Sowerby Bridge
Remit of the Role / Job Purpose
We are building a great team at Lucy Zodion and, as part of this growth; we are looking to strengthen our cloud development team. The role will continue to build and enhance our leading Smart City platform, where you will be a key voice on all project teams.
The role sits in the Technology Team, which has multi-discipline resource, including;
* Electronic (People that solder)
* Mechanical (People that draw)
* Firmware & Software (People that type)
* Test (People that try to break things)
* And even the odd Project Manager (People that like spreadsheets) amongst others.
You will be working with leading experts in the field, with a view to you owning how this part for the system is developed and supported.
This will be achieved by designing & developing new features, enhancements, working with data analysts, having creative input on the development road-map.
Here at Lucy Zodion we are pushing the boundaries on some fantastic IoT technology, working directly with collaborators to bring world class solutions to the international market.
* You will be a key member of this team and will have the input to ensure Lucy Zodion remains at the forefront of technology with revolutionary IoT solutions.
* Some of our projects are top secret, so it’s important you have commercial sensitivity when liaising with external collaborators and third party companies.
* Collaborating with suppliers on next generation of technology
* Working with the Technology Team to ensure business requirements are met.
* Our application is based on the Laravel 5 framework, with VueJS 2 handling our front-end needs.
* We handle large datasets (~40 million rows a month) so have heavy reliance on well-written, fast, robust code.
* Presenting this data in a usable manner requires some creative front-end work, again with a focus on high quality code.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: –
* Min 3 years of proven Cloud Development
* Ideally qualified in software engineering
* Interest in IoT / Connected technology
Job Specific Skills:
* Front end development of IoT systems
* Ideally experience in the following
* VueJS: Single file components
* HTML: Semantic markup, atomic design
* Laravel: Version5 preferred, or a good knowledge of a similar framework
* PHP: Version7 preferred, or 5 and together we’ll get you up to speed
* Git Version Control
– UI / UX development : Style guides, responsive design
– Build Tools: Webpack
– Software Design: SOLID, Gang of Four patterns, Domain Driven Design
– Self starter
– Ability to offer your concerns to the project team from the offset
– Keen eye for detail
– Have accurate and concise report writing skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.