CI / CD Engineer
Job – Summary of the Role, Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The CI / CD Engineer (CIE) works closely with Engineering Teams to implement and maintain a CI / CD solution that streamlines the build, test and deploy processes for the microservices being developed by the Software Engineers. The role is a hands-on, individual contributor role, working in close collaboration with the Scrum Teams, the Site Reliability Engineering Team and other internal infrastructure and networking teams as necessary.
* Evaluate and select the best tools and technologies to support the CI / CD process.
* Work closely with Software Engineers to design and implement a CI / CD solution that fulfils the build, test and deployment requirements of the software solutions it supports.
* Work closely with the Site Reliability Engineering Team and other internal networking and infrastructure teams to ensure that the CI / CD solution works reliably and efficiently, considering the constraints of the environment within which it operates.
* Implement tooling to enable Software Engineers to quickly and easily create configurations of the CI / CD solution to support new software services, whilst also promoting consistency and reuse of the components of the solution wherever possible.
* Write documentation and provide guidance for the CI / CD solution to ensure that Software Engineers understand how to use it effectively.
* Support the CI / CD solution to ensure that Software Engineers are not blocked trying to fix broken build, test or deployment issues.
* Maintain the CI / CD solution so that it uses the latest versions of the tools and technologies on which it is based.
* Proactively work with Software Engineers to evolve the CI / CD solution to ensure that it continues to meet any changing requirements imposed by the software services it supports.
* Proactively work with the Site Reliability Engineering Team and other internal networking and infrastructure teams to ensure that the CI / CD solution continues to work reliably and efficiently in the face of changes to the constraints of the environment within which it operates.
Person – Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Deep practical knowledge of CI / CD tools, e.g. TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Azure Pipelines, etc.
* Practical knowledge of DSL based build tools, e.g. Cake, Nuke.
* Deep practical knowledge of scripting, preferably PowerShell.
* Deep practical knowledge of source control software, preferably GIT, BitBucket.
* Good understanding of Cloud technology, preferably Azure.
* Ability to research competing solutions / products and quickly evaluate suitability given a set of requirements and constraints.
* Proficient development skills, preferably with Visual Studio and C#.
* Attention to detail and strong appreciation of the importance of consistency.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral.
* Collaborative attitude and good interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.