Data Developer needed to work for a global financial services firm based in Kings Hill, West Malling.
* Primarily focused on developing new BI reports critical to the business.
* The Data Developer will work on requirements from Technical or Business Analysts and will be expected to turn those requirements into a robust report solution using existing BI tools.
* In addition you will provide BAU support to existing report users, including the resolution of high priority incidents in a timely and safe manner, in line with best practice.
* You will be responsible for maintaining report code version control and protecting the live system from defects – hence a solid understanding of testing practices is required.
* Support the delivery of new reports for Projects as well as BAU support, so will take direction from Development and Service leads.
The data Developer will be proactive, motivated, and able to manage their workload independently as well as having the following skills:
* An expert in one or more Business Intelligence products, preferably Pentaho
* Confident providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
* An excellent communicator – able to articulate technical issues to non-technical people, and discuss requirements and issues with customers
* Applied experience of good quality development processes including code review, unit test, coding standards, appropriate documentation
* Have some experience of development using Agile, and a solid understanding of system test and UAT Role Summary.
* Experience of investigating, root cause analysis and remediation of operational incidents with BI reports
* Highly competent with data analysis using MySQL (or similar)
* Competent in code management and version control systems (e.g. GIT)
* Specific Technical Application Development skills in one or more Business Intelligence products.
* Strong experience with Pentaho and MySql, however, a solid background in other BI technologies will be considered.
* Knowledge of multiple formal development methodologies along with a good understanding of the IT industry and the implications of new technologies and processes for the wider business environment.
The Data Developer will be joining a global Financial Services firm whom will offer you a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits which include, Pension, Healthcare, opportunity to work from home (Flexible working).
Immediate Interviews are available
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.