In the last two years, Version 1 has grown its Public Sector footprint in the UK significantly with a number of major new customers coming onboard across Central & Local Government, Health, Bluelight, and Higher Education. To support and accelerate this growth, Version 1 are now seeking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager to work in their Public Sector team, focusing on expanding their footprint across Regional Government, to leverage existing relationships and references to open up new business opportunities.
The role will identify and work with new customers to understand their business challenges and demonstrate what solutions Version 1 can offer to resolve those issues. From custom development, through to IT managed services (application, database, infrastructure), collaborative and digital solutions through to advanced data analytics, their breadth of services and experience is significant. This enables the sales teams to offer a range of solutions to Public Sector customers right across the business.
The successful candidate will join a thriving team and will, as a key team member, be driving the next phase of growth within a defined vertical. You will work closely with the existing Public Sector team on a co-ordinated approach to maximise success for Version 1 and drive market share across UK Government.
Principle accountability and responsibility will be to drive new business sales across Version 1’s IT portfolio through:
* Identification of new opportunities to gain increased market share within a defined territory through market knowledge, relationships, frameworks and the Version 1 network.
* Work with Version 1 technology partner and specialists (including Oracle, AWS, and Microsoft) to drive opportunity and revenue generation.
* Development of existing Version 1 regional government customer base.
* Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
* Tender preparation and response, including bid management, commercial modelling, and bid strategies engineered for success.
* Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price application development, managed services contracts and license/hardware sales.
* Achieving or exceeding personal sales targets
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.