BMS Improvement Manager – 2 year fixed term contract
Business Unit: Central Services
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Salary: £ 43,445.00
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a BMS Improvement Manager.
The Business Management System (BMS) is an integral part of Devonport Royal Dockyard Limited (DRDL), providing the framework to deliver our customer and legal commitments in a safe and efficient manner. You will report directly to the BMS Quality Manager, delivering a rationalised set of arrangements that are simple and efficient to use. This role will involve the planning and implementation of a large scale change project spanning DRDL, delivering benefits within the Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP).
This is 2 year fixed term position based within the Devonport site.
You'll create a rationalised Business Management System (BMS), which is simple and efficient to use, generating savings within the Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP) by:
* Producing and maintaining project documentation to control the change, such as a Project Management Plan, risk register, project schedule, milestones, benefits map, benefits realisation plan and monthly reports.
* Defining and communicating business resource requirements to meet the project objectives.
* Engaging with stakeholders at all levels, enabling open and honest discussions.
* Facilitating engagement workshops and problem solving sessions, with key stakeholders (including end users), to ensure buy-in and understanding.
* Manage, develop and deploy a team of change specialists across DRDL, to deliver a simplified BMS.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need extensive experience in a Project Management/Change Management position, have working knowledge of management system standards (such as ISO9001, 14001, 45001, Degree educated in relevant subject and ideally Lean 6 sigma – if you don't have Lean 6 sigma, but do have the experience, we will still consider you.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://(url removed)/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 05/03/2021
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.