About the Role:
At Zellis, we have big ambitions and our Services division is at the heart of them. A key part of this ambition is the growth of its Business Intelligence Consulting Team and this has created an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, ambitious, and analytical BI consultant.
You’ll be a key member of a proactive team, delivering customer funded consultancy in all aspects of reporting and management information on our ResourceLink solution, as well as a variety of other systems. The work ranges from the development of operational reports, data modelling, dashboard/visualisation design, event driven notifications and the build of predictive analytics models.
Our customers use a variety of Business Intelligence technologies including Zellis’ integrated reporting tools (Resourcelink Reporting Services and Microsoft Power BI) as well as IBM Cognos Analytics or SAP Business Objects. You’ll work on the full BI life cycle of a project from initial discovery sessions to carrying out detailed scoping workshops, writing specifications, building complex SQL queries for reports and designing sophisticated dashboards/visualisations, through to the unit testing and handover.
Key success measures for the role will include being a chargeable consultant who excels at building positive relationships with customers at all levels within an organisation. You’ll be a strong communicator and able to discover BI requirements, use industry experience to deliver best practice advice on HR/payroll analytics and translate requirements into insightful solutions. This will be achieved using a rich mix of BI skills including but not limited to, complex SQL queries, report design, amending data models for ad-hoc queries, building insights and KPIs into self-service PowerBI dashboards and producing business alerts and notifications.
If you like no two days to be the same, enjoy learning something new every day and want to be part of a growing team with an exciting future, please don’t hesitate to apply for this role.
Skills and Experience Required:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following previous experience:
* A strong track record in a customer facing BI consultancy/reporting role.
* Experience of BI reporting in an HR and Payroll Dept/Division.
* Proven ability to work to a recognised project management methodology and to tight timelines.
* Very experienced at building complex SQL queries against either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
* Must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
* Knowledge of Tibco Jaspersoft Report Studio/Ad-hoc is desirable.
* Desirable but not essential is detailed knowledge of one or more – IBM Cognos 7 Impromptu, Cognos Business Analytics 10/11, Business Objects 4.x
* Knowledge of ETL technologies is desirable – specifically Microsoft SQL Server SSIS.
* Ability to build data models for reporting and predictive analytics, create complex visualisations/dashboards, crosstabs, drill through reports, OLAP cubes and event driven notifications.
* A natural interest to keep pace with new versions and features of the BI tools and how these can be incorporated into our offerings to generate new revenue opportunities.
* Existing knowledge of ResourceLink’s tables and data structures is desirable but not essential, specifically around base tables (HR, Payroll and Pensions), Leave Management, PDR, Time and Attendance, MyView, Expenses.
* Excellent analytical capability with strong attention to detail and an inclination for problem solving.
* Deliver actionable insights from data through questioning and analysis.
* Able to work on own initiative and within a team.
* Solid administration and organisational skills.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills including the ability to distil complex information down in to succinct, easy to understand concepts.
* Proactivity, self-motivation, takes accountability. Must possess the ability to confidently and constructively challenge to achieve the right business outcomes.
* Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Willingness to travel extensively and stay away from home in hotels when required in undertaking the role
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.