Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Manual and Automation Tester opportunity.
The tester will be primarily responsible for quality assurance and full testing of the Digital and IT systems, delivering top quality releases to our customers and brands. The test approach for all activities is to manually test once then automate E2E therefore experience of Automation is critical for this position with a good overview of a range of automation testing tools such as (but not limited to) Selenium and licensed tools such as TOSCA. Experience of testing within a BDD driven environment is essential. Testing will be completed against our Digital and IT ERP systems in line with our CI/CD DevOps & Testing strategy. The tester will be embedded into our agile processes and involved with sprint activities which will include assessing stories for test impacts, and in-sprint testing. Close collaboration will be required with our Head of Testing, and a DevOps & Release Management team, and a Product Ownership team. Our aim is to continuously assess ways to accelerate and improve testing across Digital and IT with automation at the heart of everything we do. The tester will need to have a keen interest in automation and trends to be able to identify areas for improvement and implementation of automation wherever possible. They may specifically need to be able to run complex E2E testing scenarios, so attention to detail is a key behavior.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
* Highly skilled in automation, tools and test techniques.
* Experience documenting test scripts using BDD or TDD frameworks
* Experience using ALM tooling for test management, particularly Jira and Zephyr
* We are seeking candidates that possess the stamina, drive and energy to thrive in a complex environment we operate across the UK and are part of a global business
* You should have extensive experience and understanding of testing that can support agile delivery methods – you should also be able to demonstrate test experience working in a CI/CD delivery environment with evidence of regular high-quality automated testing being used to facilitate deployments into varied production environments using a DevOps pipeline
* It is essential your experience includes working with external partners, suppliers and product owners and an external set of QA resources
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
* Able to contribute to and then implement an ambitious data and digital delivery roadmap using automation.
* Help to embed agile delivery and testing principles in the digital team, and by extension the business
* Show measurable improvements in testing quality and test cycles
* Ensure all digital sponsored testing activity is supporting CI/CD
* Show measurable improvements in speed-to-market of business value and benefit realisation using automation.
* Drive quality and security into all of our deliverables, enabling release barriers to be removed
* Identify opportunities for improvement across the Digital portfolio & IT ERP system and find creative ways to develop an entrepreneurial culture within SGBD's values
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain Building Distribution this is one of more than 30 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to 'Create great living places and improve people's daily life'. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.