A superb opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Automated QA Engineer to join a fast-growing, innovative organisation who are accelerating their testing function. This is a remote working role and has been signed off for immediate hire.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will help ensure that the solutions the client adopt will support external & internal regulation governance as well as data frameworks and standards and enable the information to be collected and managed across the whole lifecycle.
We are looking for a forward-thinking and innovative Software Quality Assurance Analyst; someone who is committed to delivering high-quality software and also to help identify and verify 3rd party applications.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will report directly into the Head of Quality Assurance
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for three primary aspects:
* Supporting the agile team in identifying and verifying the acceptance criteria for all user stories (functional and non-functional) to ensure the quality of the solution before it is released.
* Ensure that IT Test Standards are adhered to, and agreed test artefacts are developed and maintainable by the client
* To participate in all aspects of software testing cycle- creating, promoting and executing both automated and manual testing;
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will be involved in:
· Create and maintain sample input test data and expected results or specific user acceptance for each story. Collaborating with the other team members and business stakeholders to identify smart acceptance criteria and to identify test scenarios
· Driving a culture of automated testing of systems to capture incidents before they have a business impact. Where required, coaching the team in test automation practices and technologies, scenario and risk-based testing techniques
· Driving the improvement in the quality of the solution before it is complete by getting involved in the development of each story throughout its lifecycle.
· Identifying and overseeing the programme's Solution Review Strategy for each application
· Managing and operating the testing environment including, builds and deployment and suitable test data.
· Monitor and report on unit test code coverage and test results
· Organise and lead reviews of the Test Incident Log: preparing any supporting evidence, help product owner prioritise fixes, updating backlog with any defects accepted to fix.
· Pair with developers as they are building code to identify and modify logic tests that will ensure the solution meets its "done" criteria
· Work with Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers to create automated test environment that is likely to cover: unit testing, data set-up, installation / deployment, test execution (of DB, Web, UI, webservice); validation of test results; and integrations with existing systems
The ideal candidate will have:
Must be able to write, execute and monitor automation test suites using a variety of technologies for example: Selenium, Smart Bear Test Complete and SpecFlow. Use of Azure DevOps (VTFS)
Must have direct experience of working in a cross-functional delivery squad working with product owners, solution analysts, solution architects and software engineers
Must have working knowledge and insights into testing best practices and implementation of unit, functional, integration, tooling and frameworks, particularly in creating and refining acceptance criteria to ensure user stories are Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Sized appropriately and Testable
Direct experience of working in an agile software development environment that has applied Behaviour Driven Design and Test-Driven Development; experience of Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous integration and deployment is highly desirable.
Direct involvement in assisting end-users with business acceptance test planning by helping identify business scenarios to verify that the solution meets the business requirements
Understand when and how to use Exploratory testing to support the delivery of user stories
in return, you will be offered a 2 Year Fixed term contract with an immediate start and a wonderful benefits package that will complement a competitive salary. CVs under review now with interviews taking place ASAP
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.