Assistant Director of Programmes
Role Context – Background
Responsible for patient facing digital transformation programmes. Led by the Director of Digital Experience, the team drive policies and initiatives necessary to define and commission these transformational patient-facing digital services.
The aims of the team are to improve health outcomes, increase efficiency and importantly, improve patient experience. Our strategic goals are to empower people to navigate and manage their health and care using technology to learn and take more control, whilst creating a universally personal digital healthcare experience for citizens. We work across multidisciplinary programmes, government and in partnership with clinicians to deliver health outcomes enabled by relevant, connected and trusted digital services.
As a senior member of the Empower the Person team you will be expected to provide programme delivery expertise and leadership to enable the development, planning and implementation of key products in support of the wider Empower the Person agenda.
Where necessary, the team commissions delivery of tools and services, digital demonstrators to help shape strategic plans and defines engagement requirements, ensuring data / metrics are collected. Empower the Person works to support local and regional commissioning of digital services to drive uptake of national patient facing digital services by local health organisations, clinicians and the public.
Additional Role Specific Duties
The post holder will:
* Assume the Assistant Director of Programme role for the programme
* Support the SRO, in assessing the strategic alignment of the programme
* Provide practical support to enable the clear, universal understanding of the status of the programme including scope, outcomes and deliverables, finances, delivery and implementation plans, milestones and dependencies
* Contribute to developing a strategy to deliver:
* nationwide access to digital records
○ ongoing roadmap to 23/24
* Identifying and mapping stakeholders and working with the SRO to ensure:
communication of the strategy and vision, appropriate engagement and alignment with the needs of key customers
* Work closely with the Empower the Person PMO team and the Delivery Hub to ensure that governance and process is clearly understood and followed
* Work closely with the CTO team to ensure that all proposed solutions are fit for purpose, strategically aligned and approved
* Collaborate with programmes and teams across to ensure effective alignment and develop a sustainable and deliverable programme plan
* Ensure that the programme has a clearly defined strategy, a defined roadmap and a clear delivery plan delivery that has appropriate Business Case cover
* Ensure that information required about the programme is available for reporting as required in a timely fashion
Knowledge and Experience
* Experience of leading a programme through rescoping and redefinition
* In depth additional expert knowledge acquired over a significant period of time in the following areas – Transformation Change, Subject matter expertise across a number of key areas relating and Digital strategy
* Proven and significant leadership experience and/or formal management qualification
* Experience of working in a strategic national role as part of a senior team with appropriate levels of responsibility and accountability
* Proven stakeholder engagement and management experience with experience of leading national strategy/policy development
* Ability to successfully lead operations within a partnership environment
* An understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and
* appreciate the implications of this on engagement
* Should have an appreciation of the relationship between the Department of Health, the NHS England and individual provider and commissioning organisations
Member of relevant professional body
* Highly developed communication skills with the ability to communicate on highly complex matters and difficult situations
* Ability to provide and receive, convey and present highly complex, sensitive and/or contentious information to large groups, responding openly to questions to ensure full understanding and engagement
* Ability to communicate effectively with clinical, academic and all levels of staff High level analytical skills and the ability to draw qualitative and quantitative data from a wide range of sources and present in a clear concise manner
* Ability to analyse numerical and written data, assess verbal, written, numerical and draw appropriate conclusions
* Demonstrates sound judgement in the absence of clear guidelines or precedent, seeking advice as necessary from more senior management when appropriate
* Demonstrable leadership, vision, strategic thinking and planning
* Demonstrable Political acumen
* Ability to develop, maintain and monitor information systems to support innovation initiatives
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.