Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer – Level 2 / 3
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Do you have a talent for problem solving and remaining calm under pressure? Are you the go-to person in your family when the Wi-Fi drops out or an app crashes?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to earn while you learn and turn your passion for all things tech into a career to be proud of.
Who will I be working for?
GK Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of MCi4Service, a successful provider of advanced IT services. Supporting small and medium-sized businesses throughout Yorkshire and the Midlands, they take great pride in their solutions-focused approach and excellent customer service.
They also work with many of the industry’s top vendors including Microsoft, Sophos, ESET and ConnectWise. MCi4Service has been a Microsoft Partner for over 10 years and is currently a Silver Partner aspiring to achieve Gold status.
They are looking for an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer to join them on a Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship lasting 24 months.
What are the benefits?
– Starting salary of £17,500 per annum (with bi-annual salary increases of £625)
– Salary of £22,500 once you’ve completed your apprenticeship
– Learn how to effectively tackle 2nd and 3rd line support issues
– Develop your technical skills
– Join a supportive team environment
– Gain experience with a forward-thinking business
– Mentoring from experienced colleagues
– Support to gain a vendor certification alongside your Level 4 apprenticeship
What will I be doing?
As an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer, you’ll learn how to provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support to clients via the telephone and remotely.
You will start off as a Level 2 Engineer and work towards becoming a Level 3 Engineer during your apprenticeship. You will take ownership of incidents and requests which cannot be solved immediately by 1st level support.
Some of your duties will include:
– Providing desktop, laptop, and other user device support
– Handling breaks/fixes, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations and hardware repairs
– Delivering services in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
– Working towards leading and taking responsibility for technical matters
– Liaising with third party providers
What do I need?
To be considered as an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer, you’ll need:
– At least three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above, including English and Mathematics
– A track record of resolving technical issues (as part of your studies, a hobby or similar)
– An understanding of an IT service desk function
– Good interpersonal skills
– An excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
– Excellent problem-solving skills
It would be great if you had at least 12 months’ experience of working in a 1st line IT helpdesk role, but this is by no means essential. Completion of a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice IT Engineer, Apprentice IT Technician, Trainee Service Desk Engineer, Apprentice Helpdesk Support Analyst, Trainee Technical Support Engineer, Junior IT Support Engineer, or Technical Support Advisor.
This role would also be suitable for those considering an IT Apprenticeship, IT Internship, IT Training Programme, IT Support Apprenticeship, or an IT Engineering Apprenticeship.
So, if you’re looking to take your first steps towards a rewarding career as an Apprentice IT Service Desk Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.