To assist with the monitoring and inspection of critical plant areas, essential for site operation. Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Reactive Repairs on both Mechanical and Electrical systems and equipment as a member of the on-site facilities team at Visa in Basingstoke.
This is an individual contributor role for someone with the technical ability to learn and understand the critical facilities operations. This role serves as an entry level engineer working alongside or under the supervision of Shift Engineers and Shift Leaders.
Details on the apprenticeship standard can be found here: https://(url removed)/subject-areas/engineering/ep09/
· Learn how to work across the critical facilities systems including Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Detection and suppression, Building Management System (BMS) for energy and environmental controls, and emergency backup systems
· Assist experienced engineers with planned preventative maintenance and reactive incidents for both facilities and plant
· Learn and understand Health and Safety regulations and apply these in all activities undertaken in the workplace
· Create, undertake and close tickets for a range of activities as required by the site team, including but not limited to Asset management, environmental conditions & infrastructure works
· Liaise with facilities, external and internal engineers and clients as a representative of the data centre
· Analyse data and identify trends to help manage costs, team efficiency, and understand facility issues to determine root cause and escalate to engineers/management
· Any other task as directed by the facilities management team
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.