An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client as an Android App Developer. If you are looking for a new challenge, and have a strong background in Android development, this could be the role for you.
Summary of the role
Working with the development and design teams, you will be creating apps that are easy to use, beautiful to look at and keep audiences engaged.
You will have access to online training courses in a wide variety of topics to help you keep developing professionally, as well as be able to attend conferences to keep your skills up to date.
* Focusing on how people use mobile apps, and writing code to reflect this
* Working individually to write the code – you’ll need to be a hands on developer
* Promoting quality of code and ensuring that knowledge is shared and code is reviewed
* Unit testing and automated tests
* Version control
* Working within an agile framework (SCRUM and Kanban)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Working with kotlin APIs and language features
* Using JVM testing to a defined standard
* Understanding of SOLID principles
* Building applications with adaptive design patterns
* Working with RESTful API's and/or Graphql
* Version control systems and their working methodologies (we use git)
In return, our client is offering
* Personal development time
* The opportunity to develop your skillset by working alongside some of the best people in the industry ,
* Be part of a collaborative team with a strong emphasis on pair programming
* A sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
* A real focus on a healthy work-life balance with working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours
* 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
* Enhanced sick pay & Pension Plan
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.