Open GI is a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry. Based across the UK and Europe, our support and development services make us a truly diverse organisation that offers a range of IT solutions to insurance brokers, insurers and managing general agents.
As the Agile Business Analyst, you will be the champion for a SaaS platform, helping achieve the desired business and user outcomes.
* Business Vision to Execution: elicit, understand, and communicate business vision as well as breaking the vision into executable goals, that can be met in an incremental and iterative manner.
* Work closely with stakeholders on delivery and Operations teams that are responsible for Technical Infrastructure assets (Infrastructure Developers, QAs, IM/PMs) in designing, implementation and testing of the Infrastructure solutions.
* Requirement Elicitation: able to gather, assess and collate requirements from product, delivery and operation teams.
* Requirements Analysis & Articulation: uses relevant artifacts, approaches and processes to understand and communicate to what is required and why it is required. Work closely with delivery and operations stakeholders and the delivery team in designing, implementing and working with the Test lead to ensure that the solution delivers quality.
* Business Value Articulation: identifies, captures, and understands the work and activities being done, relative to and in the context of the business value created from a technical infrastructure deployment standpoint.
* Scope Management: embrace flexibility in requirements change to maximise the stakeholder value whilst balancing management of delivery and expectations of required objectives within a defined timeframe. Understanding which scope management techniques to employ based on the impact of the change.
* Giving & Receiving Feedback: solicits and engages with feedback on a continuous basis. Having timely, actionable and meaningful conversations about performance for the purpose of shaping behaviours and fostering learning, with the goal of strengthening confidence and improving the effectiveness of self and others.
* 5+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst on Technical Infrastructure programs of works, with experience of Cloud based infrastructure being a distinct advantage
* Experience working with agile delivery methods
* Experience working with a cross-functional software development team
* Drives to Outcomes: focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Able to execute plans through to action. Persistent to complete tasks and a strong commitment to take action that moves things along to ensure delivery of objectives.
* Ownership & Accountability: takes personal accountability and ownership for their work. This includes personal follow through, making and defending difficult decisions and trade-offs, removing blockers, driving collective progress.
* Continuous Improvement: advances by ongoing, incremental improvement through continuous learning, questioning the status quo and trying out creative and novel ideas. Shows curiosity and has a keen interest to drive learning for themselves and others.
Mission and Values
Our mission is to be both the Technology Partner and Employer of choice for the UK General Insurance Market. Our values are central to this vision, as they represent how we collaborate how we work together in synergy and continually deliver for our customers:
* Accountability: We take personal pride in finding solutions and achieving results
* Innovation: We lead the market by being proactive, product-led and forward thinking
* Teamwork: We work collaboratively, recognising and celebrating success
* Trust: We build trust on integrity, transparency and respect
We are looking for an individual who embraces our values in their actions, decisions, communications and processes to inspire positivity and, ultimately, exceptional performance.
* Salary of £50,000 – £60,000 depending on skills and experience
* Company pension
* Life assurance and critical illness cover
* Perkbox – an exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits
* Free parking when on office premises
* Cycle to work scheme
* Wills at work scheme
* Holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum, increasing to 26 days per annum after three years of service & a holiday purchase scheme
To apply for this role please click the apply button and send us your covering letter and CV
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.