My client is a successful, growing IT Support company based in Crawley. They are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Technical Engineer who wishes to progress into the world of professional services/project delivery. This position is a chance to join a fast-paced and close-knit team delivering IT infrastructure changes and migrations to their client base. This role is hands on and will report directly to the Projects Manager who heads up the team. The role offers excellent exposure to cutting-edge technology as well as funding for Microsoft Certifications and other industry qualifications.
The 2nd Line Support Duties:
* Work closely with other team members to deliver an outstanding level of service to customers.
* Work as part of a busy service desk environment, providing 1st and 2nd line technical support and troubleshooting services to a diverse customer base.
* Work within the Project Team, developing and managing technology projects for customers.
* Design and maintain technical and project documentations.
Over to you! Our 2nd Line Support Engineer Candidate Will Have:
* Experience in a Service Desk, Helpdesk or IT Support (1st / 2nd Line Support) position, with a keenness to progress
* A passion for IT and technology, and a drive to help customers take advantage of new solutions
* A natural interest in IT with a desire to stay abreast of new technologies
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required:
* Windows Server Operating Systems Experience (Server 2019, Server 2016, Server 2012 & R2)
* Knowledge of the following Microsoft Technologies – Active Directory, Group Policy, NTFS Folder Permissions
* Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration
* Fundamental networking – DHCP, DNS (both internal and external), TCP/IP
* HP Hardware knowledge
* In addition, any knowledge of Azure Cloud Solutions, Unifi Wireless and Switching, Draytek firewalls, VoIP Solutions and Backup Solutions would be a bonus, but not a requirement!
In return, my client offers the chance to develop your career whilst gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies, in a working environment which is second to none, for an organisation that puts its employees first; offering benefits including payment and support for Microsoft Certifications and other industry recognised qualifications.
Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.