2nd Line Engineer
Milton Keynes based with some travel to customer sites when required
Up to £32,000 DOE
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Service Delivery team of a dynamic and innovative IT Solutions company based in Milton Keynes.
Your role will be to provide escalated 2nd line support to customers via telephone, email, remote login and face-to-face, showing excellent understanding of problems and doing everything you can to resolve and maintain a high degree of client satisfaction. You will be accountable for creating and updating detailed knowledge records on actions taken within the management system.
This is a varied role where you will be dealing with a variety of customers both remotely and onsite, troubleshooting their systems which can have varying set ups so your ability to quickly diagnose reported issues is central to maintaining a high level of service. There will also be a necessity for you to identify and help implement opportunities for continual service improvement or change within the team or process
• Efficiently and professionally managing your support, prioritising and resolving calls in line with SLAs
• Provide 2nd Line support for all customers via phone, email, remote capability or face-to-face
• Log and updating all key information regarding the support calls
• Escalate calls to the Third Line when appropriate
• Pro-actively supporting and mentoring 1st Line colleagues
• Adapt quickly to changing working environments and be familiar with all key company systems
As a 2nd Line Engineer, you will have:
• Been certified to MCITP – Server Administrator level, or prove ability to support at this level
• A general understanding of LAN/WAN/Wireless maintenance and router/switch configuration
• Experience with using all versions of MS Office and Active Directory
• Knowledge of Eset, Sophos or Symantec anti-virus
• Knowledge of Backup applications
• Knowledge to support Windows Server (2012/2016/2019), Windows 7/8/10 desktop and Exchange 2010/2013/2016
• Understanding of Desktop and Server hardware maintenance including memory installs, hard disc replacements, server installations etc.
• The ability to communicate clearly at a technical and end-user level and have excellent documentation skills
• A positive, friendly professional image on the phone and in-person when on customer sites
• A demonstrable passion for customer service and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
If you have the technical experience, good attention to detail, and a passion for proving good customer care then we want to hear from you!
Please note. Every candidate will be assessed in accordance with their qualifications, merit, and ability to perform the duties of the job role advertised. Please be advised that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's religion, gender, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.