Our Client is a Major IT solution provider Head Quartered in the North East supporting businesses across the UK. With 7 offices and 100+ staff. Due to continued growth we have opportunities across the UK.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, you will be the initial port of call for providing technical support to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware or software. This could involve fixing a technical fault, answering a query, fulfilling a service request – anything that is needed to allow the user to return to work satisfactorily. You will also assist with user rights, passwords, user accounts and basic level security administration.
You'll be committed to delivering excellent customer service. Your strong communication skills will help you to diagnose the user's issue and to explain technical issues clearly to the user. Most of your work will take place over the phone, by email and through fault finding programmes that enable you to diagnose and fix customer problems remotely.
Shift Pattern: 12-hour shift, working 4 nights on, 4 nights off. (will include weekends)
Your duties will include:
* Follow guidelines and applies basic product knowledge to resolve user network and system issues
* Escalate unresolved incidents to 2nd line
* Identify and classify incident types and service interruptions to build the knowledge system
* Record incidents cataloguing them by symptoms and resolutions.
* Ensure service delivery in accordance with established service level agreements (SLAs)
* Act under guidance to record and track reliability data against the SLA
* Confidently present messages in a clear and precise manner
* Share information with team members to help them become more effective
* Structure written and oral communication to ensure clarity
* Accurately and carefully follow established procedures
* Check work to ensure it is complete and free from errors
* Act promptly to correct quality defects
* Visit client sites on an as needed basis
* Work with colleagues (such as 2nd and 3rd line engineers), suppliers and customers to resolve technical problems in a timely and professional manner
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
* Completion of higher education or a relevant apprenticeship to a good standard. Degree or degree equivalent qualifications is desirable
* Experience of working in a customer facing environment a distinct advantage.
* Experience of working in a corporate or MSP technology and environment.
* All aspects of Windows desktop & application support
* All aspects of tablet and mobile device support
* Basic network troubleshooting incl. ping and trace route
* Administering Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server & Office 365
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.