Windows Systems Engineer (3rd Line) – up to £40,000 per annum
My client is a multi-award winning & market leading organisation based on the outskirts of Cardiff. They are currently going through a period of growth resulting in the recruitment for Windows Systems Engineer (3rd Line) to join their growing team.
• Providing support to client’s infrastructures and maintaining high availability through proactive measures
• Resolving complex technical incidents/problems escalated by other internal departments within the call management system
• Administration and troubleshooting of issues.
• Ensuring clients & partners are updated on the status of issues
• Implement operational procedures, tools and best practice.
• Achieve required levels of operational scalability & performance
• Be an escalation point for client escalations
• Fully functional and self-directed
• Aid in capacity management/reporting.
• Participate in the execution of Disaster Recovery exercises and own specific server tasks
• Possess a full understanding of server and network infrastructure
• Supporting project deployment and project transition support for complex solutions
• On call for Windows/VMware/Storage infrastructure escalations
• Responsible for Change review of managed services
• Ensure all changes are documented through the change management process
• Execute change management tasks in line with defined processes
• Act as a Principal Support Analyst for 1 or more clients
The ideal Windows Systems Engineer (3rd Line) will have the following skills and experience:
• Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 – Design, installation & build
• Strong VMware/Virtualisation experience
• Good knowledge of Exchange 2007/2010/2013
• Active Directory
• Solid understanding of networking/routing
• SAN technologies
• Excellent Microsoft server skills.
• Coaching and mentoring skills.
• Advanced problem-solving skills.
• Experience from a Managed Services background.
• Exceptional customer service.
• Strong communication skills.
For further information and to receive a full role profile, please send in an up to date copy of your CV with your application or contact James Chau on (Apply online only) or
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/126550 →