We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Technical Services Manager
Overall Job Purpose:
The Technical Services Manager (TSM) will provide high level technical management for Data Centre Services and its customers. Duties will be dispersed across operational reactive and proactive technical services, providing operational IT management across platforms, technologies, process and services delivered.
Essential Duties of the Job:
• Ensuring Business as Usual Technical Operations and Services for Data Centre Customers.
• Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to co-ordinate rapid and effective response to major incidents.
• Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident.
• To provide technical guidance in improving service across various different technical platforms (Infrastructure/storage/network) in order to drive continual service improvement.
• Where contracted by the customer, proactively manage IT service continuity (DR) solutions for Data centre Customers.
• To provide advice guidance and act as an escalation point for the Technical Specialist team within the TSM function.
• Track, record and actively monitor a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
• High level technical matrix management covering infrastructure/storage/network in order to lead multiple technical teams as part of any major incident.
• Production and design of documentation to a high level including Technical Drawing, Process models, Customer communications, Major Incident Reporting.
• Provide technical and process guidance and recommendations across Incident, Problem and Change management within Data centre Services.
• To provide recommendations, input and value add to Data Centre technical road maps and future states.
• To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
• Support and where required be part of an Out of Hours Management escalation process.
• Provide a professional approach to customers and to the service delivery of allocated tasks as required.
• To perform any other duties that may be required by TSM Lead or DCS management.
Additional Duties of the Job (Where contracted by the Customer):
• Recommendation of technology upgrades that will benefit the Customer business.
• Technical validation of technology changes to evaluate the fit to the Customer infrastructure and to ensure value for money of any deployed technology.
• Technical Lead on the Change Approval Board, having final authorisation for any technology to be deployed in agreement with the Customer.
• Consultancy on technical matters affecting the Customer infrastructure, supporting both SCC and the Customer of technology decisions.
• Supporting the Service Delivery and Account Management team providing guidance, Advice and relationship management directly related to the technologies and customer IT environment
• Facilitating quarterly technology workshops within the Infrastructure technology space, looking at upgrades, improvements, Technical roadmaps and the future provision of services to the customer
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
• Proven Management Skills
• Ability to find problems/issues and come up with best practice solutions to fix
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
• Excellent customer service and organisation skills
• Professional and presentable at all times
• ITIL operationally focussed
Skills Knowledge & Experience
• Excellent all round IT knowledge preferably with a specialist skill set in one complete technology area (i.e Networking, Storage, Virtualisation, Application, Microsoft etc.)
• Excellent all round understanding of multiple technologies and the elements of an End to End service (Workstation, Application, Network, Virtualization, Storage)
• Vendor certifications or in depth experience in any of the above technology areas (Storage, Networking, Infrastructure).
• Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre or managed services environment.
• Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to technical engineers and teams in best practice in IT operational environments.
• Ability/experience to break down an incident into technology and service components to methodically work with technical teams to plan and restore IT services
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
• Excellent documentation skills across technical, process and customer facing documentation.
• Strong customer facing experience.
• Confident character with the ability to deal effectively at senior level management down to junior technical engineer level.
• Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
• ITIL knowledge/accreditation specializing around operational Incident/Problem and change management
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/45684 →