OVERVIEW: Support Engineer / Application Support & Implementation Consultant / Implementation & Support Engineer (IP / Data Networking/Server 2012 or Linux) to provide pre and post-installation technical support and manage on-site customer installations of all server-based digital radio systems & console products. This role would suit both experienced candidates AND more junior candidates are also welcome to apply as my client is open to training the right candidate where necessary!
LOCATION:- UK / EMEA Head office is in Hampshire in the Basingstoke area and you WILL be expected to work in this office when not travelling or on customer sites. You must be prepared to travel occasionally within EMEA.
SALARY: Target salary ideally £32K-£35K plus excellent corporate benefits package including pension, health, income protection and much more!
For over 30 years, my client has been providing mission-critical communications solutions to public safety, transportation and utilities. They design, develop and manufacture and implement a wide spectrum of communication equipment including radio dispatch consoles, emergency call taking telephone systems, paging infrastructure and custom solutions. My client has installed thousands of systems and deployed over 20,000 console operator positions worldwide.
THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT & SYSTEMS ENGINEER ROLE:-
Due to ongoing expansion and market demand, my client has a fantastic opportunity for a Support Engineer (either experienced or more junior) to provide pre and post installation technical support, Windows Server 2012 configuration and set-up and to manage on-site installations for channel partners and customers primarily on all company telephony/digital radio/console products. This role will entail some travel across EMEA (sometimes once a month only sometimes more) however you will be required to live within an hour of the company's office which is based near Basingstoke as you will work from the office when you are not on-site or travelling.
Additional role duties beyond the aforementioned include;
– Investigate, diagnose, report and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required
– Carry out customer acceptance testing, including system build and test, documentation of test plans and results, recording of as-built configurations and customer training
– Organize and maintain accurate and up-to-date project and QMS records and files
– Investigate and repair returned products, including initial review/diagnosis, repair etc
– Maintain accurate and timely records of customer support activities, actions and commitments on the Customer Support system
– Travel both internationally and domestically as required in performance of duties
– Participate in an On Call€ support programme (shared on a rota with 5 other Support Consultants!)
– You MUST have an IP / Data networking background as all systems are server based and many virtualised.
– You MUST have some level of competency with configuring and installing Windows Server 2012 if not then you will have similar experience with Linux.
– You will be at an advantage if you have experience of telephony/radio systems/RF exposure but this isn't essential!
If you don't have experience in the below then training is available for the right candidate;
– Capable of conducting technical product demonstrations and presentations to customers, business partners and resellers in various settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc
– You will ideally have worked in a mission critical environment or similar "pressured" environment
– HNC/Degree qualified
– Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
– Good listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, moderately complex technical problems or issues.
– Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self-motivation
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with a growing global market leader which offers EXCELLENT TRAINING where necessary & continuing professional development, my client offers;
* a highly competitive salary, and a benefits package including private medical insurance, contributory pension, life assurance and much more!
* a fantastic friendly but extremely pleasant working environment in an extremely pleasant office location
* There are also REAL chances for rapid career progression for the right candidate
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible.
Keywords; Implementation, application support, consultant, LTE, Windows Server, Systems Engineer, PMR, DMR, Private Mobile Radio, Digital, Communications, Wireless, TETRA, Integrated Command and Control systems, ICCS, IP, telephony, network, networks, support, application, pre-sales, pre sales, presales, post
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/107729 →