Software Development Manager
Would you like to be involved in the design, development, acceptance and support of software systems that sits at the heart of ships? We currently have a vacancy for a Software Development Manager at our New Malden site.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the contract software development through to acceptance, in addition to managing the software releases, you would also be expected to use your own knowledge and expertise to implement some functionality yourself and investigate issues as they arise.
This role will provide you with a great opportunity to be involved with future technology and cutting edge programmes as well as having exposure to various stakeholders within Combat Systems and the Royal Navy.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Development Manager will involve:
* Responsibility for delivery of software releases implementing new or modified customer requirements
* Responsibility for providing leadership and direction in solving technical issues
* Accountability for the quality of all work in the team and ensuring the team follow well-defined processes
* Reporting, investigating and resolving software problems identified during software development
* Correcting inconsistencies found within the Software Development area design and document them
* Liaising with other teams as required promoting common implementation strategies across the Combat Systems projects
* Ensuring that documentation and software change controls are applied to all work for which the Software Development Team Leader is responsible
* Deputising for the Engineering Manager
Your skills and qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience in use of software design and development processes
* Experience of software development in a Windows environment
* Knowledge of Ada application development & of Visual Studio development (incl. C#, C++)
* Knowledge of network technologies, and Windows deployment technologies would be desirable
* Previous experience of managing budgets including monthly tracking of spend and projected costs to complete
What we're looking for in you:
You will accept responsibility for and demonstrate a visible commitment to Quality. You will also be someone who leads by example and sets high personal standards and understands and complies with company policies and processes.
Location: New Malden
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Auto sport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on (Apply online only) or visit our website (url removed)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/82363 →