Service Transition Analyst – Reading
We are looking for a Service Transition Analyst to join a major utilities company in Reading, currently undergoing a transformation of its IT service and support landscape. This entails significant change across all major IT lines of service and includes the stand up of an in-house capability based around Service Integration and Management.
The Service Transition Analyst will provide overall planning for service transitions & resource to ensure the safe introduction of new or changed services into supported environments within the predicted cost, quality & time estimates. You will be part of a new team creating their own in house multi-million pound ITIL service management framework; and will be involved in continuously improving this service for the current and future long term vision.
Service Transition Analyst responsibilities:
– Ensure service transition processes are reviewed and audited regularly to assure the continuity of service and the continued delivery of the required business outcomes
– Collaborate with project leads to understand the business objective and align the transition approach with project timelines
– Ensure operations activities are appropriately carried out by the relevant project teams and all activities are within agreed contractual obligations
– Working alongside the BAU team; ensuring technical assessments are conducted on underlining infrastructure/application processes
– Proactive problem management for potential high service interruptions reported during warranty.
– In hours point of escalation for service transition activities
– Progress the development of appropriate automation and tools to improve the service transition processes whilst ensuring Continual Service Improvement (CSI) is in place for all service continuity management activities
Service Transition Analyst skills and experience:
– In-depth experience within a service management environment (ITIL – Service Transition) with a high level of understanding of IT operations within a multi-vendor environment
– Experience of process management within an IT Transition team adhering to ITIL / ITSM standards and meeting customer expectations
– Knowledge and experience of release management disciplines and approaches, IT testing disciplines and management.
– Ability to successfully engage with service delivery and project managers to ensure that there is early engagement in the service design and transition phases.
– Experience of service design and an ability to define operational acceptance requirements
– Strong planning, influencing, communication and presentation skills
– Proficient in project quality management whilst influencing senior customers and stakeholders.
– Experience and proficiency in Process Design and Management, IT Operations Management is required, along with Technical IT experience in an Infrastructure or Application focused role
– ITIL Foundation (V3) Qualified
If this looks like your next career opportunity then please use the apply button above to send over your CV, or contact Clare O'Brien at Pertemps Managed Solutions on (Apply online only) or (url removed) for further information
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/82322 →