A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior / Principal Test Engineer to work for a market-leading company based in Cambridge. The role will be involved at the very start of a project, using your analytical and questioning skills to test the various concepts, requirements and user journeys even before a line of code is written.
You will work with the development team to define the direction of the testing activities and the choice of tooling. You will lead and perform testing activities on the project, adapting to the project needs and making sure that all appropriate aspects of testing are considered from functional to non-functional.
As a Senior / Principal Test engineer, you will need to be aware of several forms of testing. As automation is a large part of producing sustainable development environments through continuous integration & delivery. Therefore, you’ll require to have proven work experience with CI systems, coding and automation frameworks.
Why should you apply?
It’s an exciting opportunity in which you will help to grow and evolve the group, as well as your own skills, through the community and the variety of projects you will work on. With flexible working hours and other benefits.
What we’re looking for?
You must have a good technical degree, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and the desire to follow a career in testing, inquisitiveness and excellent attention to detail.
* Significant experience of Python
* Hands on experience of planning, designing and performing test activities across a full system of multiple components
* Strong understanding of networking and network configuration in Linux, particularly with Ubuntu and Red hat distros
* A deep understanding of continuous build, integration and source control
* Experience of architecting software test systems and virtualisation technologies
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/126601 →