Senior LAMP Web Developer
Location: We have offices in London and Brighton, if you are Brighton-based please note there will be London travel involved; certainly during initial training and periodically thereafter.
Salary: £200-£400 a day.
Contract: We have a guaranteed 6 months' work, perhaps leading to a permanent position to the right person.
About the company
We design and build software solutions for websites, mobile and desktop applications.
Based in London our team has over 15 years' experience working for major brands: Christian Dior, Legal and General, Barclays, TopShop, the World Gold Council and State Street Global Advisors
We pride ourselves on a friendly, straight-talking approach; we are independent – not tied into any reseller schemes – and enjoy long-term relationships with clients who value our honest, unbiased advice, our flexibility, technical expertise and creative thinking. Read our case studies. Oh, and by the way, we are hiring!
About the vacancy
We have a Freelance/contract opportunity for a senior backend developer to work on a large financial data project.
You will be a genius from the command line, and happy connecting disparate APIs and applications together.
Everything we do always has a bespoke element to it, as such it's difficult to describe the skill set you will need beyond the LAMP acronym. We create and manage large financial databases, with a global blue chip companies, so accuracy is a must.
Travel will happen regularly, especially during initial training.
What you will work on:
– Configuring physical devices, VMs and cloud instances with Redhat and/or Ubuntu flavours
– Building advanced Laravel applications, other PHP frameworks as required
– Creating useful, intuitive APIs for the frontend and mobile developers to use
– Implementing fluid and easy to manage deployment solutions for our client's projects
– Configuring and integrating SAAS solutions into client projects
Key skills / experience required for the role
– CLI fluency
– MySQL (not quite a DBA, but almost)
– PHP (advanced)
– Lucene / ElasticSearch is a bonus.
– Writing documentation and descriptive, commented code.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/82392 →