Reporting into the Head of Professional Services Manager, the core focus of this role will be to provide support for Cloud-based technologies as well as getting involved in the project delivery lifecycle and even some presales consulting. The role is customer facing in that you will be expected to engage with their external customers.
Ultimately, you will be given the responsibility to ensure smooth delivery of Cloud related services across all of our clients. You should be technical minded and will likely have clear commercial experience in both architecting and delivering Cloud solutions, including migrating infrastructure/applications from an on premise environment.
You will take the Technical Lead when delivering projects and assist solution architects when planning and scoping work. You will assist Sales Teams with technical advice when needed. You will provide support during the full lifecycle of a project and ensure all the technical needs of the client are met as per scope. You will be an escalation point for other teams when required
* Use your skills, knowledge and experience to assist the delivery of technical projects and non-project related work in a consistently excellent manner; meeting time and budget requirements.
* To support the transition of projects from scoping to hand-over into support in a professional, consistent and complete manner at all times.
* To advise the project stakeholders of changes in the scope of projects so that that commercial opportunities are realised and changes are professionally managed.
* Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and organisational objectives.
* To provide presales advice when required adhering to best practice and 6DG standard offerings.
* Ensure technical knowledge is kept up to date and make recommendations to changes 6DG Standards where necessary.
* To comply with all legislation and internal policies as documented in 6DG’s employee handbook including but not limited to; Data Protection, GDPR, Health and Safety, Computer Misuse/Security, Equal Opportunities, Management of Attendance and Customer Care.
* Take proactive accountability and ownership of own actions and project activity to ensure 6DG and customer best interests are maintained at all times.
* Ensure your behaviour complies with organisational values and organise your own work effectively to meet the competing demands of your role.
* To maintain accurate records of all pieces of work under your ownership applying updates to internal systems and documents as necessary.
* Monitor progress of your activities within a project providing the Project Manager with feedback regarding the status of your tickets, be aware of time / budget constraints ensuring you use make most economic use of your time.
* Ensure Change Control and other mandatory processes are adhered to and all changes are recorded accurately in 6DG systems.
* Act as a point of escalation for the customer and for other team members where necessary.
* After exhausting possible solutions, escalate where failure to deliver any aspect of a project may compromise customer satisfaction to your line manager and/or the relevant Project Manager.
* Ensure integrity of client systems, adherence to 6DG and 6DG customer security policies and procedures.
* Identify commercial opportunities and highlight these to the relevant team.
* To communicate with the customer in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner at all times.
* To ensure appropriate communication takes place with customer and key stakeholders at all times.
* Detailed knowledge of Windows server infrastructure – AD/DNS/DHCP/GPO
* Detailed knowledge of Windows file structure – file and folder permissions
* Working knowledge of Virtualisation – VMware/Hyper-V
* In-depth knowledge of email and data migrations
* Basic knowledge of networking/routing/vlans
* Exposure to backup technologies – Backup Exec/LogicNow/Asigra/AppAsure
* Working knowledge of Remote Desktop Services, including installations
* Knowledge of Office 365 and DirSync, including migration experience
* DNS and understanding of MX records
* BES/Active Sync
* Print Server setup and migrations
* Comms Room Experience i.e. – Network Patching/Racking of equipment
Knowledge of SQL Server installation and administration.
Knowledge of Mimecast installations
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/107994 →