The Network Engineer position requires intermediate to advanced proficiency in multiple IT systems. This position is responsible for supporting our client's IT Network infrastructure which includes but is not limited to installing and maintaining LAN/WAN/Wireless networks and devices, conducting circuit and traffic analysis and resolving latency or other performance issues, troubleshooting switching and routing issues, managing and troubleshooting firewall and DNS configurations.
This position requires a strong service delivery and optimization focus. Contribute as a project resources, act as escalation point for outage and problem events, and complete network administrative functions necessary to ensuring service delivery.
• Conduct proactive maintenance and administration (e.g. run book activities) of designated network services, including: implementation and configuration.
• Monitor availability and utilization, and take appropriate action to report and correct any issues.
• Perform service interruption recovery and conduct root cause analysis
• Contribute to service continuity management by performing capacity planning activities and usage analysis.
• Test and deploy software updates and security patches to network devices.
• Contribute to the development of global standards, best practice guidelines, and technical recommendations
• Maintain awareness of IT security best practices and apply security principles across all areas of responsibility.
• Participate in cross training and mentoring of junior service team members.
• Collaborate with appropriate team members on the maturity and delivery of designated services.
• Provide technical guidance to peers as they seek to develop solutions and resolve problems.
• Testing and evaluating new and emerging technologies that may be applicable to company’s business requirements
Operations & Support
• Support the Service Management processes (Incident/ Service Request/ Change/ Problem/ Release)
• Resolve Service Manager tickets within agreed timeframes and ensure they are correctly documented
• Works with suppliers and 3rd party service providers as appropriate in accordance with the terms of both global and local Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in problem resolution
• Participate in projects as an infrastructure resource, providing recommendations and performing tasks as required.
• Contribute to the development of operational procedures and documentation, including documentation relating to office-based IT equipment and key contacts, ensuring that it is kept current and accessible by all IT staff.
• Collaborate with other IT service teams and the asset management team, to ensure that local IT assets are fully and effectively used during their effective life, ensure accurate auditing and tracking of installed systems and software, and effective disposal of aged assets.
• Demonstrates an outstanding “customer orientation” to service management
• Self-starter – The ability to work with minimal supervision
• Awareness of the challenges and benefits of working in geographically and culturally dispersed, global, virtual teams, and willingness to work cooperatively with others on such teams, which sometimes entails working outside normal business hours.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exhibit a natural curiosity, passion, and a desire to find ways to apply technology to business challenges
• Promote innovation and continual process improvement
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in a technical area, and the ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approaches
Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure technologies and services, which include:
• Cisco Routing, Switching and Wireless, (IOS/NXOS)
• Switched Ethernet, Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
• Client-Based IPSec/SSL VPN, Site-Based IPSec VPN, DMVPN
• WAN Circuit technologies (xDSL, Cable, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, T1, E1)
Basic to Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure technologies and services, which include:
• Load Balancing and WAN Optimization (F5 and Riverbed)
• PIX/ASA Firewalls, IPS/IDS
• Protocol Analysis (Netflow, SNMP, Syslog, Wireshark)
• QoS, DNS, DHCP, Radius, TACACS+
• Network Security Technologies (Proxy/Content Filtering, ISE, CWS, MFA)
• 802.11a/b/g Wireless LANs
Basic understanding of the following infrastructure technology services:
• IP Telephony and VoIP
• iSCSI Based Storage
• Microsoft server operating systems (2008, 2012)
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in IT or a related discipline or proven experience working in an IT environment required.
• Proven experience supporting network systems preferably in a large enterprise.
• Cisco CCNP preferred
Infrequent local or international travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/82422 →