MK Test Systems, based in West Buckland, Somerset (near Taunton), designs and manufactures automated test equipment for the Aerospace, Rail and Oil & Gas industries. With over 25 years of experience in the testing field and systems in use with all the leading manufactures of aircraft and trains throughout the world, MK Test has an enviable reputation for innovation and success.
We are currently expanding to meet demand and require an additional permanent .Net Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team.
Working alongside other members of the software team you will be involved in the full development lifecycle on a number of exciting projects. This will involve gathering requirements from internal and external stakeholders, working with the wider team to design, develop and test the company’s industry leading Automated Test Management Software product.
In addition to the .Net WPF software development the software team also maintain and support the company’s legacy products, written in VB and embedded C.
· Strong “Software Engineering ” fundamentals and practical experience
· Microsoft C# .Net development knowledge with WPF
· Proven track record of software development
· Good knowledge of SQL and SQL Server
· Unit testing frameworks
Nice to have
· Practical knowledge and experience of Agile
· Use of source code version control
· Understanding of SOAP/RESTful Web Services
· Experience of MVVM within a WPF application
· Experience with VB & embedded C
· Systems admin experience
· Basic understanding of testing Electronic Circuits
· Industrial application of software
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop code to the required standard to support the product road map for the current generation of Automated Test Management Software, as agreed with the Software Development Manager
Contribute to Srum process
Ensuring code quality processes and procedures are followed and adhered to, especially regarding the release and regression testing of the core product.
Assist the Sales team in understanding customer requirements and influencing the implementation of MK Test Systems.
Investigate opportunities for MK products and ways to improve software functionality to meet the requirement.
Provide support and advice, onsite if necessary, to customers on both existing and new products as appropriate
· Supporting Customer Service Department in resolution of installation, commissioning and in-service issues or problems which will sometimes involve travel to customers’ premises, possibly outside the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org